NEW TOOL....

Nice machine, I’m considering a combo CNC & laser system. Will be evaluating throughout the Spring.
I use QuickCad from Autodesk. This is 20years old software and suppots only up to WindowsXP, but it is possible to use on 7, 8 and 10 with some tricks. Making a design using AutoCad and export data as DXF, then import data to Inksacape which is open source software. It is easy to tilt or change size of drawing using Inkscape. Inkscape has a function to convert object and stroke to path. After converting the drawing data to path save the data as SVG. I use online software Jscut to generate Gcode from SVG data. I use Candle software which came with router machine to send the data to the CNC.

Laser module is optional for the CNC router sold at Ali EXpress and the price I mentioned is including 5.5W laser module. It should be possible to cut thin wood using 5.5W laser, but I have not yet tried laser to make parts for model ships.

There are several variation for 3018 CNC router, 3018pro, 3018 pro max, 3018 plus. I think 3018 plus is sold with either 300 or 500W spindle and others are sold with less powerful spindles.

I use QuickCad from Autodesk. This is 20years old software and suppots only up to WindowsXP, but it is possible to use on 7, 8 and 10 with some tricks. Making a design using AutoCad and export data as DXF, then import data to Inksacape which is open source software. It is easy to tilt or change size of drawing using Inkscape. Inkscape has a function to convert object and stroke to path. After converting the drawing data to path save the data as SVG. I use online software Jscut to generate Gcode from SVG data. I use Candle software which came with router machine to send the data to the CNC.

Laser module is optional for the CNC router sold at Ali EXpress and the price I mentioned is including 5.5W laser module. It should be possible to cut thin wood using 5.5W laser, but I have not yet tried laser to make parts for model ships.

There are several variation for 3018 CNC router, 3018pro, 3018 pro max, 3018 plus. I think 3018 plus is sold with either 300 or 500W spindle and others are sold with less powerful spindles.
I would suggest that you have a look at FreeCad.

I would suggest that you have a look at FreeCad.
I am looking for a thin-wall brass tubing cutter that can handle tube OD of less than 1/8" preferably less than 1/16".

In the past I either used a fine toothed hack saw or filed around the tube and using my reloading deburring and reaming tools cleaned up the ends. I find nothing using Google searches. All leads are appreciated. Rich (PT-2)

I am looking for a thin-wall brass tubing cutter that can handle tube OD of less than 1/8" preferably less than 1/16".

In the past I either used a fine toothed hack saw or filed around the tube and using my reloading deburring and reaming tools cleaned up the ends. I find nothing using Google searches. All leads are appreciated. Rich (PT-2)
I’m looking for the same thing. My small pipe cutter only closes to just under 1/4 inch, maybe 3-4mm or so. The smallest I’ve found so far will cut 1/8 inch tube, nothing smaller though. Maybe I can file one of these rotary pipe cutters to close a bit more.

I’m looking for the same thing. My small pipe cutter only closes to just under 1/4 inch, maybe 3-4mm or so. The smallest I’ve found so far will cut 1/8 inch tube, nothing smaller though. Maybe I can file one of these rotary pipe cutters to close a bit more.
Maybe another approach would be to shim the receiving/holding side to narrow the cutting gap. I don't have one yet and the images of the 1/8 inch one (MicroMark) are not clear as to this approach. I am sure that there is a cutter out there somewhere in the world for our model needs. Rich

Hello Rich,
If you have Byrnes or Proxxon table saw, you might try these so called slitting saw blades, which are thin and fine toothed ones made of HSS. They will cut thin brass and copper tubing like a dream. One very good source to get them:

i have never tried using a Dremmel,with cutoff wheel, though
I just ordered a jeweler's saw and an extra measure with a tube cutting plier with extra jeweler's saw blades. I did not want to try the splitter blade on the table saw as the lengths that I want are too short and likely slip down inside or get kicked back. I have one of those aluminum miter jigs which has served me well, primarily for 90 degree cuts and occasional 45. My razor saw is being saved for wood only.
I can wait on the tube cuts for turnbuckles and other items that may arise. Thanks, Rich

Here are how I cut brass tube to use model boat.
1. Prepare a small piece of wood and cut a groove in which about half of the tube stays.
2. Fix the tube by masking tape fully.
3. I use copping saw with fine blade to cut the tube with wood. I can cut OD 1mm, ID 0.6mm brass tube at the length of 2-3mm.
4. Remove the masking tape and you can have tiny tube perfectly.

1. Prepare a small piece of wood and cut a groove in which about half of the tube stays.
3. I use copping saw with fine blade to cut the tube with wood. I can cut OD 1mm, ID 0.6mm brass tube at the length of 2-3mm.
I like your idea to hold the tubing in place.

Hallo @takaosai
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back