New Trumpeter 1/200 Enterprise and Yorktown

I've been searching online for a lead on the Yorktown and the Enterprise and could find nothing. Trumpeter doesn't have it's own web site that I could see but I did find a ton of info on the YT on Wikipedia and that ship has one super long list of awards and action in the Pacific. It indicated that the ship was labeled a CV, CVA and CVS during it time in commission. The CVS is for antisubarine work and the CVA is for Attack service but it didn't say what the CV stood for. Maybe somebody here will know what that meant. Also which type does the model represent? I'm assuming the Enterprise is the CVN 65 with the 'N' for Nuclear powered. I'm working on the 1:350 now and the 1:200 I have to get too.
I keep forgetting that I wanted to answer your question on the "CV". C is simply for carrier, the V stands for heaVier than air (I assume that is as opposed to an airship carrier which would be Lighter than air).

I just got an email from Freetime Hobbies for the preorder on the 1/200 USS Enterprise and have reserved my order. They are getting in a few kits and are priced at $375.00 with free shipping. I think they are due to arrive in Sep or Oct from what I've been seeing.

I'm guessing the "E" kit must be close to the Yorktown kit. I have the Trumpeter Yorktown kit, unopened except for the main box for $280.00 plus shipping of the buyers choice.

I thought the E came out last year. Wonder what happened. TheYorktown came out then and the E was supposed to be right behind it. I kinda forgot about it till now.

Back