New year and new member from Sweden

Hi all, I'm 71 yrs old, still working though and most of the time down in Poland. Joined SOS in the middle of Oct last year but mostly been lurking around and posted a few comments. Started with Billing Boat kits many years ago, finished the Cutty Sark but it was destroyed a couple of times by a crazy cat who always tried to get up to the top of the masts. Finally I through away both the ship and the cat. Then started with Norske Løve but didn't have time to finish it due to family life, but it has followed me moving around and now some 35-40 years later it's more or less wrecked. I've been looking at it many time though during these years and never given up the idea to finish it. Last year I finally took the decision to by a new kit and start all over again, and it was during research on the internet to get some tips that I found SOS. In the near future I intend to start build log here to share my experiences and maybe get a tip or two about how to do things.
Back at that time I did a lot of small woodwork as a hobby, and I built my own scroll saw, after having seen a Hegner saw on an exhibition. Can't find the stuff I made at that time though, probably packed down in a box somewhere but still hoping they will pop up some day.

Hi all, I'm 71 yrs old, still working though and most of the time down in Poland. Joined SOS in the middle of Oct last year but mostly been lurking around and posted a few comments. Started with Billing Boat kits many years ago, finished the Cutty Sark but it was destroyed a couple of times by a crazy cat who always tried to get up to the top of the masts. Finally I through away both the ship and the cat. Then started with Norske Løve but didn't have time to finish it due to family life, but it has followed me moving around and now some 35-40 years later it's more or less wrecked. I've been looking at it many time though during these years and never given up the idea to finish it. Last year I finally took the decision to by a new kit and start all over again, and it was during research on the internet to get some tips that I found SOS. In the near future I intend to start build log here to share my experiences and maybe get a tip or two about how to do things.
Back at that time I did a lot of small woodwork as a hobby, and I built my own scroll saw, after having seen a Hegner saw on an exhibition. Can't find the stuff I made at that time though, probably packed down in a box somewhere but still hoping they will pop up some day.
Hej och Välkommen / från Gotland

Welcome - I look forward to any projects you will be working on.

also from my side a warm WELCOME here on board of our forum

Back