Newbie please be gentle with me

Steve one piece of advice I would give you as a fellow noob is to read through the plans completely before starting. It is not uncommon I have found for the plans to have some, shall we say confusing information. I only have one build under my belt, working on my second and have the HMS Victory waiting in the box. Reading on the forums here I have found there are some issues with the plans. So reading ahead and knowing what is coming up should help! I have found you can ask these guys anything they are a great bunch and more than willing to help.

Steve one piece of advice I would give you as a fellow noob is to read through the plans completely before starting. It is not uncommon I have found for the plans to have some, shall we say confusing information. I only have one build under my belt, working on my second and have the HMS Victory waiting in the box. Reading on the forums here I have found there are some issues with the plans. So reading ahead and knowing what is coming up should help! I have found you can ask these guys anything they are a great bunch and more than willing to help.
Thanks, Patrick is yours Constructo 1/94 if so I can confirm some of the plans are wrong I'm only on step 3 of 196 and I have spotted errors there not even discreet errors but blindingly obvious ones So I'm reading them and reading them, again and again, you would think a kit this expensive would be correct so buyer beware

Thanks, Patrick is yours Constructo 1/94 if so I can confirm some of the plans are wrong I'm only on step 3 of 196 and I have spotted errors there not even discreet errors but blindingly obvious ones So I'm reading them and reading them, again and again, you would think a kit this expensive would be correct so buyer beware
Well that is discerning to hear. Can you tell me what you found? I wonder if we notify the maker if it would be corrected? Also wonder if there are notes somewhere of all the issues with the plans. Well makes for an interesting project. I have heard it said measure twice cut once. Here it is read twice and cut once I Think. Mine is the 1/94 scale. I have not started it yet as I am still on the La Fayetteville. But I look forward to the build. Thanks for the heads up.

Hi, guys, my name is Steve and I'm from the UK
This looks an awesome site I have just been gifted a Constructo 1/94 HMS Victory kit upon boning up on this scale of model I was concerned that everywhere I looked I was seeing the same message that being "Avoid this scale if your new to modelmaking" or "This model is not for first-time modellers". But it is what it is and I am where I am, so I have been building my arsenal of tools to tackle this what seems like a gargantuan challenge, So this awesome site and you guys out there are about to become my new best friends,
Wish me luck
Steve :rolleyes:
Hallo Steve alias @Steve Wayne
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Hi, guys, my name is Steve and I'm from the UK
This looks an awesome site I have just been gifted a Constructo 1/94 HMS Victory kit upon boning up on this scale of model I was concerned that everywhere I looked I was seeing the same message that being "Avoid this scale if your new to modelmaking" or "This model is not for first-time modellers". But it is what it is and I am where I am, so I have been building my arsenal of tools to tackle this what seems like a gargantuan challenge, So this awesome site and you guys out there are about to become my new best friends,
Wish me luck
Steve :rolleyes:
Welcome Steve! Even if you are tackling a ship model that seems above your skills for your first model (I did!), the folks here are very friendly, eager to help, and have a mountain of knowledge to help you every step of the way, because these ships certainly don't get built quickly. So, if you are afraid to ask any questions, you will miss out on some choice advice. There a lots of beginners who start here and at a few other forums. HMS Victory is a grand project, and VERY popular here, so you will get lots of help and advice that will make your model much more detailed and better than what you got in the box. Work slow, read reference books, ask questions, get answers, improve the model, and impress yourself with how it turned out. More that anything, be patient and work carefully. Often you will spin off to a side project like building the pinnace or longboat that may take you weeks before you get back to the Victory's hull. Did I mention you should ask questions? I think you get the point. The small size of your ship makes it a bit harder to make small details, and to rig. But, it's not a big obstacle if you take the time to add micro-details. My first ship was 1:100 scale, so I understand how small those gun and train tackles can get on the cannons! If you go all out and make self made sails, one of our members here, Olha Batchvarov, won awards in eastern Europe and Russia for building a magnificent model of HMS Victory and she also taught me how to make sails from scratch and they came out great. Look up here website under ShipModelPhotograper.com and especially check out her YouTube videos under her name. If you are good with hand tools and like to add tiny details, you should be fine.

Best of luck!

Kurt

Back