Newbie to SoS looking forward to a Bluenose POB project to fill several years to come.

Many things to learn when joining with some assumptions: No question when new at anything is too dumb to ask. Keep my two ears open twice as much as my one mouth speaks. Always be willing to step back or redo a mistake and not move forward from that weak foundation. My dock is always open for incoming suggestions and recommendations as well as things to reconsider while on one tack before going "helm's over" to another and not get luffed up in a header. Bluenose will be my focus but all projects contain elements of similarity and set standard bars to be recognized.
PT-2 Rich, a member of the Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club. USS Ranger, RVAH-9, 1966

Many things to learn when joining with some assumptions: No question when new at anything is too dumb to ask. Keep my two ears open twice as much as my one mouth speaks. Always be willing to step back or redo a mistake and not move forward from that weak foundation. My dock is always open for incoming suggestions and recommendations as well as things to reconsider while on one tack before going "helm's over" to another and not get luffed up in a header. Bluenose will be my focus but all projects contain elements of similarity and set standard bars to be recognized.
PT-2 Rich, a member of the Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club. USS Ranger, RVAH-9, 1966

greetings PT-2

start here

Welcome Rich...
My brother is building Bluenose...??....or is it Bluenose 2...Hmmm, can't remember.
Anyway, Welcome.!! Pull up a chair. Look around. Think a little. Read a little.
Something good is bound to happen.!!

Welcome Rich...
My brother is building Bluenose...??....or is it Bluenose 2...Hmmm, can't remember.
Anyway, Welcome.!! Pull up a chair. Look around. Think a little. Read a little.
Something good is bound to happen.!!
While working on my Constructo Pilot Boat I have been following a tack of completing as much on the hull and deck while also completing as much rigging as feasible on the masts and gaff booms placed in separate base blocks as possible so that I can position things for convenient installation without other things such as masts or rigging in the way. . . working from inboard outwards to not reach over previously placed items.
Does this approach make sense to experienced builders or is stepping the masts before rigging a better approach.
Experience and recommendations welcome for minimized problems with Bluenose after it is planked and hull finished.

Also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum.

Welcome aboard. As far as the rigging of masts is concerned, I have always found it easier to do as much of the rigging as possible off the ship, then work from the front to the back. It helps prevent clumsy fingers from getting tied up in all the lines. At least that's my take on it.

Please give me a guide to follow to post my photo instead of the P avitar as I now know it is called.
Thanks
Hello PT-2

1. please click on your name in the upper right-hand corner (to the left of the envelope). It will opened your account view.
2. click on the your current (default) avatar, and choose 'edit'
3. Click browse to choose the photo\image from your computer.

Rigging masts... Lots of preferences here. I agree with @Jim J... Seems easier to do as much of the rigging to the masts before mounting. Standing and running rigging gets more “busy” and more difficult with more masts. Also, working “off ship” keeps lines from tangling as badly. I’ve worked stern to bow and bow to stern. I believe I prefer bow to stern.

Hello PT-2

1. please click on your name in the upper right-hand corner (to the left of the envelope). It will opened your account view.
2. click on the your current (default) avatar, and choose 'edit'
3. Click browse to choose the photo\image from your computer.
I am not sure where or what you mean by "the envelope" Please clarify that for my aged mind.

I am not sure where or what you mean by "the envelope" Please clarify that for my aged mind.

At the top of every page there is a Black colored area with the forum logo (Ships of Scale..) etc., All the way to the right of the screen is a drawing that represents a map of the world. Directly below that map is a series of four (4) objects that you can click on. Right to left these are a magnifying glass with the word "Search" beside it; next to that is a bell; next to that is an "ENVELOPE"; and next to that is your Forum Name and your current avatar. Click on your Forum name---then follow the directions @Jimsky gave you.

Hope this is helpful..

Last edited:
At the top of every page there is a Black colored area with the forum logo (Ships of Scale..) etc., All the way to the right of the screen is a drawing that represents a map of the world. Directly below that map is a series of four (4) objects that you can click on. Right to left these are a magnifying glass with the word "Search" beside it; next to that is a bell; next to that is an "ENVELOPE"; and next to that is your Forum Name and your current avatar. Click on your Forum name---then follow the directions @Jimsky gave you.

Hope this is helpful..
Thanks for your lead. I'll follow that track.

Clear instructions that worked well. Slightly younger then than I am now but close enough for luffing rights.
Always good to see and share faces with SoS shipmates.

Welcome. I almost bought the bluenose kit years ago, there’s a video that guides you through the complete build. I think I posted it here in another thread.

Where would that thread be found for the build?
I think it is this one:

Back