NO PRINTS OR PLANS

I received two HMS VICTORY, one from a friend around thanksgiving, the other at Christmas time, both with no plans or prints, not even a small paper, with which I expected, nothing,o zip, well I dove right into the first one, did not have to much luck with the hull, [ ribs ], but I could not figure out how to put in the bottom deck, the one that hold's it together, these wooden builds, I found out from the first one, at the bottom, a slip of paper, that it was 1:200, so after recking the deck, I went to the net, and found this site and found out you had to cut the deck up the middle, left went in on right and, right went in on an angle on the left
By that time I was already getting frustrated because I cut the tops off the bridges, then they went in ok, now I just created a new problem, yah! you guessed it no tops no second or third deck. NOW before you all start laughing and carrying on, this is my first
[ wood build ] and, like most of us, have been putting plastic together since we were [ young for those of us who not so young now].
When I did get it to " fit", it had more curves in it than a snake, I chucked it but, saved some of the parts, thinking I may be able to use them on something else, but I did not expect one for Christmas, when I unraped it I knew it was a ship, could tell by the skinny box, but did not realize it was the same thing, Nelson's Flagship, ah! but this time I knew more about it, but still no print's, I'm at the stage right now [ all put together and painted, but have to use 4mm dowel rods for cannon's, the cannon's ports are small and flimsy, but that's what tweezers are for. will keep you posted. boatman too:

Well, no one here is going to laugh and carry on. I am sorry that you are having this difficulty.
  1. Did you look at the very bottom of the box for the plans and manual
  2. were the kits maybe bought from eBay or a garage sale?
  3. what is the manufacture of the kit? Constructo, Mantua, Corel, etc?
Sometimes kits are purchased on eBay are missing parts, plans and manuals as people will remove these important items and then re-sell the kits.

My recommendation for NEXT TIME is why not just buy a fresh new kit of your choice ? SOS members can get a discount from model expo now
READ THIS FIRST POST

Good point Daniel. Thanks.
Ido belive it was bought on e bay, I took every thingout of the box for inventory, NO prints of any kind, I ts just a little harder to build, but a good challange if any one has a 1:200 scale of plans, i could use them, but on the other hand it is a battle ship, so I figyure if peices are missing, the ship was in a battle, which it was THIER are 5 different sized dowl rods,thread, but I have my own, different thikness
Cannons I can make from dowl rods, with witch I will use tiny washers for ports, and evean port covers from scrap , witch I have a lot of. THANK YOU BOAT MAN TOO

:)

Back