North Sea Trawler - Revell 1:142

Nearing completion. Built from the Revell kit with scratch built added extras and bottom sawn off!
Sea base to make and weathering to finish.
Rigging as per Robert Wilson's (Shipbuilder) preferred method. I need to tidy it up as I had an accident when moving the model and bent the wire.

I am aware the house flag colour is incorrect for the Ross trawler fleet but that is how the decal was printed. As I am not particularly trying to depict an actual ship I am not overly concerned. My aim is to just give an impression of the type of fishing vessels working out of our once great fishing ports.

20191112_183940.jpg

Crew and gulls ready. Figures are from N gauge railway supplier. Hand painted by myself.
DSCF0049.JPG DSCF0050.JPG

Last edited:
After coming from the Port of Hull, we had over 180 Sidewinders based in St.Andrew Dock they had a saying in Hull that you could walk from one side of the dock to the other without getting your feet wet when the fleet was in dock. The only Sidewinder Trawler left in Hull is the Arctic Corsair ( H320) which is a Museum Ship.1793305.jpg

Last edited:
I'd like to congratulate you on your seagulls. As a keen ornithologist ( and living by the sea) they are extremely well painted, more so considering the size. Well done!!
William (Denmark)

Nearing completion. Built from the Revell kit with scratch built added extras and bottom sawn off!
Sea base to make and weathering to finish.
Rigging as per Robert Wilson's (Shipbuilder) preferred method. I need to tidy it up as I had an accident when moving the model and bent the wire.

I am aware the house flag colour is incorrect for the Ross trawler fleet but that is how the decal was printed. As I am not particularly trying to depict an actual ship I am not overly concerned. My aim is to just give an impression of the type of fishing vessels working out of our once great fishing ports.

View attachment 120199

Crew and gulls ready. Figures are from N gauge railway supplier. Hand painted by myself.
View attachment 120200 View attachment 120201
Hallo Dave alias @Ancientmodeller ,
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back