Not completely new but green enough

Just saying hi and thanks for having me.
I'm currently building the Vasa and I have a 2019 ZHL black pearl but after seeing some posts on here I don't think it's genuine
Welcome aboard!!What do you you mean by not genuine?

Hi guys thank for the welcome. Zoly I have what I thought was a 2019 zhl black pearl however I noticed when I opened it something wasn't quite right. Turns out that a whole sheet that should be brass is infact wood in my kit fortunately I didn't pay alot. Should of know at £50

Also from my side a warm welcome here on board.
Also quality chinese kits costs money - seems, that you got a low quality kit copied from the original......we have several members here, to whom this happened.

Hi Uwek I wouldn't usually buy anything Chinese as I have learned from others. I didn't actually purchase this from a shop or online I purchased from a friend and I did do a bit of looking online, the box seemed genuine and the instructions also and seemed legit but after I purchased it and the more I looked the more it got me thinking so I hunted down some picture of the contents and that's when things became a lot clearer. My friend said he paid quite a bit for it on eBay but that probably another alarm bell. I will investigate to see if I can make something of this! Some things will definatly need to be changed so watch this space

Welcome aboard SOS, Willi! We would love you to put some pictures from your kit so others can be aware of it.
That's a very good Idea I also noticed in my original post I put 2019 it's actually 2016 my bad on that. When I get home that's exactly what I'll do as now I have pics of the true kit I have spotted loads of things now. As for building this? Probably better to scratch build. I will be putting a build log together forof the Vasa
Welcome aboard SOS, Willi! We would love you to put some pictures from your kit so others can be aware of it.

I am sorry to hear about your experience - as Zoltan said "That is definitely not the Zhl kit " - I agree and like you said, maybe you can make the most of it. Most of the time this can happen from eBay.

Just saying hi and thanks for having me.
I'm currently building the Vasa and I have a 2019 ZHL black pearl but after seeing some posts on here I don't think it's genuine
Hallo @Willi82 ,
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back