Occre - HMS Revenge 1577 - scale 1/85, 2nd build and why

With the white painting done it's time for some coloured decorations, there are several approaches I have seen on models to do this.
The kit is supplied with a coloured sheet to glue on the shapes where required, another option is to paint the shapes on the hull, or perhaps cut out paint individual wood shapes and stick them on.
I don't know what would have been done on the real ship, I suspect the coloured shapes would be just painted on rather than separate wood pieces painted and attached to the hull, happy to be corrected if anyone knows a resource for this.
My approach on this build is to go with the kit supplied sheet, perhaps not the experienced modelers choice but my painting skills aren't really up to this detail yet and I wanted to see how the kit supplied parts looked, if faced with the same decision on a future build with this experience my response may be different.
I tested a few different glues and found PVA worked best, the surfaces on the hull were roughed up before gluing.
Gorgeous build Richie, I really like the decoration.

Back