OCCRE HMS Victory

Model Expo sent an e mail regarding the sale of OCCRE’s HMS Victory. Delivery will be in November, I’m told. I was wondering if anyone in this group is going to take on the HMS Victory project.

I’m going to give the kit to my son when he retires in a couple of years. When he was in high school, he became interested in RC boats. He did beautiful work building the boat, but the RC and motor part didn’t work all that well!!

Introduction Bob Walters

I’ve been messing around with models since the mid-forties. Remember Joe Ott, Comey, and Clevland model planes? My dad had a model of the USS Constitution. After four or five family moves and an earthquake in 1948 in Washington State, it was pretty rough looking.

In the early fifties, I visited hobby shops to drool over Marine Model brand ships. I even bought their book, Ship Models Illustrated. Then came school, Navy, work, and family. In the early seventies, I purchased Billings Boat Fregatten Jylland. I got it planked then more work, so it sat until I retired in 1992. I got it almost done and the cat decided to run through it! A little redo and a cabinet was built!

I saw an ad for a Mamoli USS Constitution in 1997. It sat on a shelf for about twelve years, then I put it together and it turned out pretty well. The cat was gone!!! Now, I’m working on OCCRE’s train wagon. I finished their passenger car.

114A Back in Dago and in dress uniform.jpg

Nice introduction and photo. About model, here is the topic, I recommend watching it, interesting discussion.

I ordered a kit last week and asked Occre on the delivery in EU. The answer i got is:
Once the order is received, we begin the process of engraving the plate as well
as numbering the box. We also include a thank you text inside.
The shipping time is about 5 business days, and once the order is sent, delivery
is made in 2 to 4 business days.
It's really worth the wait. It is a unique and collectible piece and we must
ensure that each unit is shipped perfectly, so that you can fully enjoy the
premium OcCre experience.

I would also like to warmly welcome you to the forum and have fun.

I ordered a kit last week and asked Occre on the delivery in EU. The answer i got is:
Once the order is received, we begin the process of engraving the plate as well
as numbering the box. We also include a thank you text inside.
The shipping time is about 5 business days, and once the order is sent, delivery
is made in 2 to 4 business days.
It's really worth the wait. It is a unique and collectible piece and we must
ensure that each unit is shipped perfectly, so that you can fully enjoy the
premium OcCre experience.
I purchased one as well. Looking forward to receiving it, I hope it is as good as they say it is. The consensus on the forum seems to be grave doubts...
Fingers crossed!

John Aliprantis has a full build series of the Occre HMS victory on UTUBE. He is absolutely fantastic. John goes from Unboxing all the way to rigging. This may have 60 + videos. I suggest you watch each video and follow them closely. You will find it makes the building much easier. On Utube search "John Aliprantis, HMS Victory"

John Aliprantis has a full build series of the Occre HMS victory on UTUBE. He is absolutely fantastic. John goes from Unboxing all the way to rigging. This may have 60 + videos. I suggest you watch each video and follow them closely. You will find it makes the building much easier. On Utube search "John Aliprantis, HMS Victory"
I think that is a Billing Boats Victory,the Occre kit was just released

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

Hello and Welcome Bob. Great photo... which boat you served on. I see the Diodon in the background.

Model Expo sent an e mail regarding the sale of OCCRE’s HMS Victory. Delivery will be in November, I’m told. I was wondering if anyone in this group is going to take on the HMS Victory project.

I’m going to give the kit to my son when he retires in a couple of years. When he was in high school, he became interested in RC boats. He did beautiful work building the boat, but the RC and motor part didn’t work all that well!!

Introduction Bob Walters

I’ve been messing around with models since the mid-forties. Remember Joe Ott, Comey, and Clevland model planes? My dad had a model of the USS Constitution. After four or five family moves and an earthquake in 1948 in Washington State, it was pretty rough looking.

In the early fifties, I visited hobby shops to drool over Marine Model brand ships. I even bought their book, Ship Models Illustrated. Then came school, Navy, work, and family. In the early seventies, I purchased Billings Boat Fregatten Jylland. I got it planked then more work, so it sat until I retired in 1992. I got it almost done and the cat decided to run through it! A little redo and a cabinet was built!

I saw an ad for a Mamoli USS Constitution in 1997. It sat on a shelf for about twelve years, then I put it together and it turned out pretty well. The cat was gone!!! Now, I’m working on OCCRE’s train wagon. I finished their passenger car.
Hallo @Bob Walters
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

John isn't one I would recommend you get factual information from by watching any of his videos. If you try to correct him or leave a comment questioning a process, he simply blocks you! His builds are only novice amateur and not a good source for accuracy!!!

Back