OCCRE HMS Victory

I disagree with those that do not think well of John Aliprantis's videos. I would be considered a medium level model ship builder. I like many are not looking for absolute total historical accuracy. I just want to be able to build a great looking ship that I can show people and be proud of. John is the only one that gives me that. I have watched many U tube videos. His are the best that I have found. He explains things as he goes along. Most other videos just show making them with very little dialogue. Plus, and this is a big Plus, he has about 20 different videos of different ships. A great selection for anyone to find something they like. I would follow his guidance even when I become a master builder.

I just watched about 30 minutes of video. The construction appears to be good and as mentioned above, if straight out of the box with unrealistic parts is acceptable, it does not look like a difficult build.
Allan
He's very easy to follow, which is great for beginners, particularly those which are not confident in changing any parts of the kit or fashioning their own parts for extra detail. If you are thinking of buying a kit, watching him build it gives you an excellent idea of what to expect. At the very least, even experienced modelers can see in detail what is in a kit before buying.

However, as @modelshipbuilder6 points out, if you are concerned about accuracy, you will have to do your own research. Another "kit builder" is Eddy at Eddy's Modellwerft on YouTube. These guys offer easy to follow directions for kits and beginners love that (me included, even though I'm a obsessive kit basher for accuracy).

Back