Occre model kits

..then obviously something went wrong; I emailed Xavier 2 times, both about missing parts. Both times he responded within a few hours (the first time even on a sunday evening!) and was extremely helpful ordering the parts on their website. Parts came within 2 weeks from Spain to Sweden free of charge.
I definitely recommend buying from them (as everyone else in this thread)!
I've had the same excellent service from Xavier. BUT, recently, NOT with UK customs! Last December I requested some wood pulley blocks to replace plastic ones, these were sent & delivered without problems. In January, I again contacted Xavier, requesting 12 wooden gun carriage kits to replace the cast metal with oval wheels supplied in their Cazadour kit, after a month, I sent a reminder, which was answered immediately (Sunday) to say UK customs rejected the package (A5 envelope) & returned to sender - no explanation. Xavier offered to send again by courier, but I would have to pay. I replied that For the small quantity it would not be worth it, & that I'd make my own. At that, Xavier said they'd try again. This was February 20th & so far nothing. I just cannot see why UK customs are being so petty over a bit of laser cut plywood. Maybe it's a Customs - Royal Mail 'thing'?

Hi. I am hoping someone can tell me how good the model kits are from Occre and any drawbacks about them. I am very interested in the San Idefonso and the Montanes. Any input will be very helpful
Thanks.
Dave
Montanes is a very good kit, once you familiarise the rigging returns to the masts feet, this was another learning curve for me! And, I might add, the rigging was easier than my present build, Mantua's 'Le Superbe'.

I've had 2 kits, Polaris and ulises. They were 99% perfect and the problem parts were re-ordered off their website. They arrived by post from Spain about 2 weeks later. So I'm a big fan of the brand
Hi Rob, I'm having trouble with trying to get parts from OcCre thru customs, I've received parts up until Dec / Jan OK, by RM, but since the parts (12 wood gun carriages) have been rejected by customs & returned, looks like twice now, no explanation. It would be interesting if any other UK shipmates have had similar problems.

Stuart

i have seen a few build logs of the Occre Santisima Trinidad and have a question on the gun port lids. some of the build logs have metal lids and others have wood. does anyone know if the kit still comes with metal lids or do you make the wooden ones yourself. i am not a big fan of metal gun port lids>
Yes, they are still those 'horrible' metal ones, I bought the kit in 2022, but sold it last year. I've got a load of them from 'Motanes', which I replaced with wood, which I'd do again on any other kit. I have Panart's 1/98 Victory, which is supplied with metal frames & lids, & as Vic does NOT have exterior port frames, I shall be again making wooden ones - nce I get to her!

Yes, they are still those 'horrible' metal ones, I bought the kit in 2022, but sold it last year. I've got a load of them from 'Motanes', which I replaced with wood, which I'd do again on any other kit. I have Panart's 1/98 Victory, which is supplied with metal frames & lids, & as Vic does NOT have exterior port frames, I shall be again making wooden ones - nce I get to her!
Again, testament to the fantastic service from Xavier.
What if you ask him to send it as a private person, just in an envelope? Would that maybe simplify/eliminate the customs procedure?

Again, testament to the fantastic service from Xavier.
What if you ask him to send it as a private person, just in an envelope? Would that maybe simplify/eliminate the customs procedure?
That's what he said they would do -"try to disguise it". I'll give it a few more days then contact Xavier again. It was easier getting a switch, with wires attached, from Ukraine just after the start of conflict, customs opened it before sending on to me. I guess it's all down to politics, what difference it makes whether UK is in EU or not, is beyond my reasoning.
I once had an HO US locomotive returned to its sender in the USA, because UK customs 'thought' the paint did not comply! Made in China. They resent with success.

Back