Oh no Another Noob :)

Hello Everyone! I've got to say my mouth hang open in amazement at some of the work you guys are putting put! Simply amazing!
I'm Jeff from Ohio, been building RC planes for 40+ years, crashing them for just as long :) Been building furniture as a hobby for 20 some years and thought I'd take the plunge on shipbuilding. I tried once back in the mid 80's, but with no guidance, no internet, no YouTube, and with no clue, it didn't turn out well shall we say. But with sites like this, I'm optimistic. Starting off with a Model shipways Bluenose, and Bob Hunts practicum and we'll see where we end up. Just getting everything in place and the build will begin soon. I don 't know if any of you have seen this before, saw it this morning, a video of a 2014 build of a 144' Schooner Columbia is Pensacola. What a thing of beauty!

Welcome to the forum Jeff.I started out in this branch(no pun intended) of the hobby in the mid eighties and it was tough.As you say,no help or guidance readily available.For several years,I managed with Keith Julier's books as reference and then came the internet and everything changed.
Please start a log,it makes it much easier for members to offer any guidance you may require.

Kind Regards

Nigel

Welcome aboard SOS, Jeff! Please feel comfortable, and enjoy it. Our members are the key to SOS success. We are building a knowledge exchange for everyone. If you have questions -just ask! ;)

A beautiful ship !
A warm welcome also from my side...... best is to start a building log, so we can help and assist when necessary and requested

Back