Oliver Cromwell, POF ,Scale 1:48 by Lawrence [COMPLETED BUILD]

Super work as always Lawrence. The last few days I have just been so busy that I haven't had time to visit many build logs. Last night after work I just flopped down and slept - which is very unusual for me. Squire Cromwell is looking beautiful - well done!
Hello Heinrich, I thank you very much for your visit to my build log on my Oliver Cromwell, also for your very kind words and nice comments.. Yes things are starting to come together much nicer these last few days. As I must make room in my Old Ship Yard for that Racing Schooner the Bluenose.. I still have over a month to go before Christmas so that will make a great dent in it. I do like the rigging and trying to figure out just how every thing works making it much easier to build.
Heinrich do take it a bit easy as we can wait a few extra days for the Bluenose, no since killing your self.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Heinrich, You are doing a fantastic job on your Bluenose kit review. I believe that a lot of our SOS members have duel membership with you know WHO. I feel that a huge lot of them would like to speak out and order this Bluenose kit but by even saying that they like it , that is an automatic Banding and this is suppose to be a free country, Just how these people can get away with this type of bull is beyond me. Me I love my new found freedom, and I am able to look at any ship I please and say what I want.
Regards Lawrence
Greetings all,
Yes I have just been banned also.
The page that came up had large bold letters on it with words like 'mandatory' which then went and 'BANNED' came up.
It was a bit of a shock to get this sort of thing just for making enquiries! Folk must speak out.
I now look forward to the Bluenose kit.
As said Heinrich, steady as she goes. Anticipation is everything!!
Very best wishes to all,
Mike

Looking great Lawrence, it's good to see you and the little guys back at it
Hello Don, Thanks for your visit and your very nice words. Yes I am starting to feel a little better with just a bit of get up and go these days as it has been a long 6 months.
Regards Lawrence

Last edited:
Greetings all,
Yes I have just been banned also.
The page that came up had large bold letters on it with words like 'mandatory' which then went and 'BANNED' came up.
It was a bit of a shock to get this sort of thing just for making enquiries! Folk must speak out.
I now look forward to the Bluenose kit.
As said Heinrich, steady as she goes. Anticipation is everything!!
Very best wishes to all,
Mike
Hello Mike, That is not all that bad ,[JUST THINK OF YOUT NEW FOUND FREDOM] Just to get away from that crazy idiot is in it's self a blessing. You will find a much friendlier home and a group of people over here. I found that being on that form was like sitting on a razors edge and afraid to even look at another post even if it was the best in this world. You will enjoy this up and coming Bluenose kit , I believe it will be very challenging and rewarding at the same time. Not at all like that laser burnt junk that they put on the market and try to push on you at every turn. Just howler out I AM FREE and you will feel a lot better.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Mike, That is not all that bad ,[JUST THINK OF YOUT NEW FOUND FREDOM] Just to get away from that crazy idiot is in it's self a blessing. You will find a much friendlier home and a group of people over here. I found that being on that form was like sitting on a razors edge and afraid to even look at another post even if it was the best in this world. You will enjoy this up and coming Bluenose kit , I believe it will be very challenging and rewarding at the same time. Not at all like that laser burnt junk that they put on the market and try to push on you at every turn. Just howler out I AM FREE and you will feel a lot better.
Regards Lawrence
Hello Lawrence,
Many thanks for your thoughts and comments.
I thought for a while that I had really done something wrong after all that weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth (A UK biblical colloquialism) from the 'other site'. For a while I thought the Darleks were going to jump out of the screen.
I then per chanced on the Facebook page KIR(?) I think it was. Oh dear oh dear!
Sorry to hear of your health issues but pleased to hear that things are improving. It is a very painful debilitating condition.
I look forward to getting the kit but in the meantime I am reading up all that I can and also awaiting delivery of the definitive plans from Winston at MSB who has been very helpful.
I too fancy the version rigged for fishing
Best wishes,
Mike

Hello Mike, , Yes Winston is a very nice and very helpful guy, you would not find this sort of help on that other form. Are you ordering the Phil Eisnor set of Bluenose plans? I have heard that they are very good and I would emagion that they will help a lot with your up and coming Bluenose build. Please let me know what you think of them once you receive them. I was thinking of ordering a set and doing another scratch build but decided against it as this would create tons of saw dust in our home. My Admiral solved this problem by giving me this Chinese Kit. I to love a ship under full sail but do believe that I will eliminate any stay sails to give a clearer view of the deck area but this could change.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates, Well things are moving along just a little bit faster these days as the little fellows and I have built and installed the Shrouds on the Main Mast, fulling serving the forward Shrouds and the tops of the others. Just the Mizzen to do now and then we are into the Rat lines.
Regards LawrenceIMG_5808.JPG

Hello Ship Mates, The little fellows and I have finally completed all of the Shrouds on our ship. The Mast Top Platforms and Mast Caps are only dry fitted at this time, they will be clued in at a later date, so for now it is onward with the Rat Lines, [oh and there are so many].
Regards LawrenceIMG_5809.JPGIMG_5810.JPGIMG_5812.JPG

Super work as always Lawrence. The last few days I have just been so busy that I haven't had time to visit many build logs. Last night after work I just flopped down and slept - which is very unusual for me. Squire Cromwell is looking beautiful - well done!
Hello Heinrich, I thank you for your very kind words, they are very much appreciated. Yes I have to finish my Oliver Cromwell to make room in my Old Ship Yard for your up and coming Bluenose.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates
The little fellows and I have completed the starboard forward mast rat lines and are now working on the mane mast. It is hard top stay focused on my Oliver Cromwell build with all of the excitement with the new POF Bluenose build introduction of the new POF Bluenose. I have mine on order and paid for so things should quiet down a little in the Old Ship Yard.
Regards LawrenceIMG_5813.JPG

G'day Lawrence and the little fellow
I love your rats.
I bet the little fellow gone a bit knotty doing them!
BTW doing rats are the least enjoyable part of any build, if you ask me.
When I get the time, I'll be going through your log to see what I have been missing.
Happymodeling to you both.
Greg

Back