ORCA & Rita (Creature from Black Lagoon Boat)

While I wait to start my new projects (Black Pearl, & Flying Dutchman) I figured I might as well contribute something to the group in the mean time.The first boat up is a 41 inch replica of the Orca I finished up a few months back.She was built,plans and all,from scratch. Quint was done by my friend and professional sculptor,Palmer Murphy.
The other boat is the Rita,which can be seen in the old 1954 flick,The Creature From The Black Lagoon.Photos to follow shortly04.jpg33 5.jpg34 4.jpg35 2.jpg36 3.jpg39.jpgDSCF3670.JPGgimp orca 2.jpggimp orca compare 2.jpggimp sea 3.jpgquint.jpgsouthern_ocean_grey_rain_boat_waves_rough 00.jpgsouthern_ocean_grey_rain_boat_waves_rough 3.jpgsouthern_ocean_grey_rain_boat_waves_rough 222.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazing painting\weathering work and great representation, looks real!

Thank you.Ive done several different types of boats and am now ready to try my hand at my very first tall ship/spanish galleon style ships,with idealized versions of the Black pearl and the Flying Dutchman

Thank you.Ive done several different types of boats and am now ready to try my hand at my very first tall ship/spanish galleon style ships,with idealized versions of the Black pearl and the Flying Dutchman
will look forward to your build log!

While I wait to start my new projects (Black Pearl, & Flying Dutchman) I figured I might as well contribute something to the group in the mean time.The first boat up is a 41 inch replica of the Orca I finished up a few months back.She was built,plans and all,from scratch. Quint was done by my friend and professional sculptor,Palmer Murphy.
The other boat is the Rita,which can be seen in the old 1954 flick,The Creature From The Black Lagoon.Photos to follow shortlyView attachment 122471View attachment 122472View attachment 122473View attachment 122474View attachment 122475View attachment 122476View attachment 122477View attachment 122478View attachment 122479View attachment 122480View attachment 122481View attachment 122482View attachment 122483View attachment 122484
Hallo @Ghostly-Sailor
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Bonjour marin,
après avoir intégré l'orque "Jaws" à l'échelle 1/9, voici les liens de la réalisation, je voudrais m'attaquer au bateau "RITA" que vous avez réalisé. Pourriez-vous me dire où je peux trouver les plans.
Merci d'avance pour votre réponse.

Un beau modèle ! Beaucoup de détails très jolis, et elle a l'air très bien sur l'eau.
Félicitations

Ted

Back