Pågående Projekt: ZHL San Felipe

I am working on the ZHL San Felipe.
Can someone guide me to where I can find better plans, since the accompanying plans are not very good.
Will appreciate the help.

Jag jobbar på ZHL San Felipe.
Kan någon guida mig till var jag kan hitta bättre planer, eftersom de medföljande planerna inte är särskilt bra.
Kommer att uppskatta hjälpen.
Hej. Jag har väl samma byggplaner som du antar jag. Hur långt i bygget har du kommit och vad är huvudproblemet just nu.

The drawings dont show where the Ship's wheel/Helm is to be fitted.
They have not supplied the wheel either.

Have you ever had a look on Google: try Galleon San Felipe? there is a lot of info.
about the stirring wheel, there as far as I know no stirring wheel as such. halt below the deck there was a sailor, who sirred with a wooden shaft- starboard to one side and backboard to the other. I have an image somewhere, but will have to find it.
try to have a look at other Spanish ships about the time

Have you ever had a look on Google: try Galleon San Felipe? there is a lot of info.
about the stirring wheel, there as far as I know no stirring wheel as such. halt below the deck there was a sailor, who sirred with a wooden shaft- starboard to one side and backboard to the other. I have an image somewhere, but will have to find it.

I have found the info. will have to enlarge tyh
I finally found the book with the needed info on the stirring method and a museum drawing and a painting of San Felipe.
I will first have to enlarge the info. in the book and then scan it.

I am working on the ZHL San Felipe.
Can someone guide me to where I can find better plans, since the accompanying plans are not very good.
Will appreciate the help.
The model ZHL is selling in 1:50 (btw: produced by YuanQing Models) and also the earlier Mantua model in scale 1:75 were based on older information in the 1950s.

The ship is often connected to the Italian historian Vincenzo Lusci as originator. Despite of that the draft is older and not of Italian, but Spanish origin. Only the dubious dating to 1690 is mentioned by Vincenzo Lusci for the first time.
The first drawing of the “San Felipe” was published in the 1950s by the Departamento de Falanges del Mar“. The Spanish historian Juan Carlos Mejias Tavero presented this drawing in his 2006 article „San Felipe, Real o Ficción“ [7].

But - there was never an original ship San Felipe which was built in 1690.

The first proven three-decker of the Spanish navy was the „Nuestra Señora de la Concepción y de las Ánimas“. Construction of that ship began in 1682 by the shipbuilder D. Antonio De Amas at the Colindres (Cantabria) shipyard - and she was launched in 1688.

Maybe interesting to read:

But let us assume, that the model ship was launched in the end of the 17th century - at this time the steering wheel was still not invented - the first steering wheels came up at the beginning of the 18th century. So the "San Felipe" launched at the end of the 17th century had a kolderstock / tiller / whipstaff / in use to move the rudderblate

Interesting also this contemporary model

l2419_005.jpg l2419_006.jpg

Warship (1703); Fourth rate; 50 guns

Scale: 1:48. A contemporary full hull model of a 50-gun small two-decker (circa 1703) built plank on frame in the Navy Board style.
This model is unique as it is fitted with both a steering wheel and the remains of a whipstaff. If the wheel is original, it is the earliest evidence known for this fitting on an English ship.

The model ZHL is selling in 1:50 (btw: produced by YuanQing Models) and also the earlier Mantua model in scale 1:75 were based on older information in the 1950s.

The ship is often connected to the Italian historian Vincenzo Lusci as originator. Despite of that the draft is older and not of Italian, but Spanish origin. Only the dubious dating to 1690 is mentioned by Vincenzo Lusci for the first time.
The first drawing of the “San Felipe” was published in the 1950s by the Departamento de Falanges del Mar“. The Spanish historian Juan Carlos Mejias Tavero presented this drawing in his 2006 article „San Felipe, Real o Ficción“ [7].

But - there was never an original ship San Felipe which was built in 1690.

The first proven three-decker of the Spanish navy was the „Nuestra Señora de la Concepción y de las Ánimas“. Construction of that ship began in 1682 by the shipbuilder D. Antonio De Amas at the Colindres (Cantabria) shipyard - and she was launched in 1688.

Maybe interesting to read:

But let us assume, that the model ship was launched in the end of the 17th century - at this time the steering wheel was still not invented - the first steering wheels came up at the beginning of the 18th century. So the "San Felipe" launched at the end of the 17th century had a kolderstock / tiller / whipstaff / in use to move the rudderblate

Interesting also this contemporary model

View attachment 388142 View attachment 388141

Warship (1703); Fourth rate; 50 guns

Scale: 1:48. A contemporary full hull model of a 50-gun small two-decker (circa 1703) built plank on frame in the Navy Board style.
This model is unique as it is fitted with both a steering wheel and the remains of a whipstaff. If the wheel is original, it is the earliest evidence known for this fitting on an English ship.

Uwe, look at my notes, which for some reason seldom come. she was built in 1696 about. See my info

Hello Hammer, good to see a ZHL San Felipe build log. Because... I'll be starting a ZHL San Felipe build log as well. Mine is still in transit arriving mid September. It will be fun to compare notes. My current plan is to single plank the hull with mahogany (on the bottom) and cherry (on top - pardon the pun).

Good luck.

Back