P & O liner Oriana

This is my version of the P & O liner Oriana in her corn color livery.
The kit is by Modelcraft of Canada, issued in 1999.
Scale 1/500
I found that the instructions were not always clear.
Also, the ship has 8 cranes but none were included so I fabricated them myself.
The plastic model is about 48 cm or 19 inches long.
But all in all a nice model !

thumbnail_20230704_124920.jpg

thumbnail_20230704_124953.jpg

thumbnail_20230704_125133.jpg

thumbnail_20230704_125200.jpg

That is a great build, and the custom details you had to add for the missing pieces work really well! My Oriana was an interesting escapade.... I cut away all the plastic molded railings to be able to put on PE versions... that was a mission. Plus, I had to rebuild from scratch the aft cage-like open deck area, because the kit version was very badly formed.... eek! I see you have PE railings on yours, and it totally makes all the difference!

My Oriana Model.jpg

I worked on Oriana back in the 80's
This is going through the Panama locks.
Lovely model, nice to see my old ship.View attachment 385175
Thank you Martin, I have always liked this P&O ship. I was glad I could build her from a kit. I also have a smaller version, 1/1250 scale make Mercator, # 927. Anyway, there is something about those yellow funnels of the P&O vessels, especially the older ones that I like.

thumbnail_20230717_191204.jpg

That is a great build, and the custom details you had to add for the missing pieces work really well! My Oriana was an interesting escapade.... I cut away all the plastic molded railings to be able to put on PE versions... that was a mission. Plus, I had to rebuild from scratch the aft cage-like open deck area, because the kit version was very badly formed.... eek! I see you have PE railings on yours, and it totally makes all the difference!

View attachment 385186
Wow, I think your version of the Oriana is just gorgeous ! Was that from a Revell kit ? I am working on the SS United States now, by Revell, getting rid of all the molded railings, cutting, grinding, sanding, but it will be worthed. P.E railings look so much better isn't it ? Love to see your other builds !

Wow, I think your version of the Oriana is just gorgeous ! Was that from a Revell kit ? I am working on the SS United States now, by Revell, getting rid of all the molded railings, cutting, grinding, sanding, but it will be worthed. P.E railings look so much better isn't it ? Love to see your other builds !
Thank you :) yes it was a Revell kit... molded in the yellow plastic, so I had to paint it all white where needed... quite a task, because white paint never seems to apply as well as other colors. I need to upload full build sets of them all, but here are a few images for now.

SS US My Model 1.jpg

SS US My Model 2.jpg

SS US My Model 3.jpg

My SS France.jpg

QM1 1.jpg

IMG_4726.png

My Mauretania 4.jpg

My Mauretania 5.jpg

Oriana and Canberra.jpg

AIDABlue smaller 1.png

Port Huxton April 2023.png

You ARE a builder of liners ! Very nice models !
Thank you for posting the ships in this thread. The photos are very well taken and very clear. I can study your models much better now !
My version of Revell's United States is a waterline one. Not a problem for me as I will display her in "water".
May I ask you how you painted the thin white line along the boot-top ?
Pete (Navy51)

You ARE a builder of liners ! Very nice models !
Thank you for posting the ships in this thread. The photos are very well taken and very clear. I can study your models much better now !
My version of Revell's United States is a waterline one. Not a problem for me as I will display her in "water".
May I ask you how you painted the thin white line along the boot-top ?
Pete (Navy51)
Thanks for the compliments. I love these old liners! The waterline on the boot top is a 1mm wide adhesive white tape that I bought. I will dig up the info for where I to it and let you know... it was through an online store.

Back