Packing Models for interstate move.

I am preparing to move from Northern California to the Pacific Northwest and am looking for any tips on how to pack my 15 completed ships for the moving van. I know someone here has faced this dilemma and has a viable solution other than making 5-10 trips holding them the entire way
Any suggestions greatly appreciated!!!

The safest way would be to make simple wooden crates and strap the model to the bottom. 15 ships would be a lot of crates though... Last move I only had one ship and used its own display case. If you could secure your ships in their cases (If they are in cases) that would make things easy for you.

If it were me I would rent a small enclosed trailer from someone like U-Haul lay a sheet of plywood down and strap the models pedestals bases to the plywood and make one trip.

I am preparing to move from Northern California to the Pacific Northwest and am looking for any tips on how to pack my 15 completed ships for the moving van. I know someone here has faced this dilemma and has a viable solution other than making 5-10 trips holding them the entire way
Any suggestions greatly appreciated!!!
Hallo @GeoffH
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
and? did you move in the meantime? Everything worked ?

WOW! I would be way too nervous behind the wheel.

Good luck!

Back