Parrel jig

After getting in a tangle of threads, beads and spacers I have made the following jig for threading parrels.
The vertical slots hold the spacers. These are pushed in until the holes currently being threaded are just exposed in the horizontal groove.
The groove guides the thread into the holes; beads are added to its free end between each spacer.
The device would double as an abacus for leprechauns adept in binary arithmetic.
parrel jig.jpg

After getting in a tangle of threads, beads and spacers I have made the following jig for threading parrels.
The vertical slots hold the spacers. These are pushed in until the holes currently being threaded are just exposed in the horizontal groove.
The groove guides the thread into the holes; beads are added to its free end between each spacer.
The device would double as an abacus for leprechauns adept in binary arithmetic.
View attachment 179233
It is looking like a clever idea - so please show us also the final result, if it really working ;)
Thumbsup

It is looking like a clever idea - so please show us also the final result, if it really working ;)
Thumbsup
Parrel ( nonpareil)
Yes, it worked - though I seem to have missed out the occasional bead.
(Authenticity? perhaps some of the wooden beads on Mary Rose got wet rot)
In my box of "Dremmel" bits I found the items included in the picture. I might use them next time to ease
the entry of the spacer holes. Their 0.7mm diameter is a pain. I searched my garage hoping to find some wire that
would just fit to aid lining them up. I even stripped various electric cables but had no luck: too thick or too thin.
ForemastParrel.jpg

Back