Passenger motor ship "Premuda"

I have in my "shipyard" the model of the passenger ship "Premuda". She is produced in the shipyard "Uljanik" in Pula in the last century, 1957.

The question for administrator of the forum: is the build of the model of this ship qualified for this forum? If "Yes", I will publish the build log for her.

premud10.jpg

Hallo Hrvoje,
I would also like to see the building log of this old Jadrolijna boat.
I think she is still sailing or? Mali Losinj or somewhere in the northern adriatic area of croatia...... I think once I was also on this ship if I remember correctly

Hallo Hrvoje,
I would also like to see the building log of this old Jadrolijna boat.
I think she is still sailing or? Mali Losinj or somewhere in the northern adriatic area of croatia...... I think once I was also on this ship if I remember correctly
Yes, Uwe, she is still sailing in Mali Losinj aquatorium. She is very beautiful ship.

Last edited:
Stern post was experimental one. The friend of mine has 3D printer and it was necessary to see how it works.

mb_pre11.jpg

p1170010.jpg

The printer works fine. The other side of the stern post was mirrored.

p1170115.jpg

I used Bison Montagekit construction adhesive to join left and right side.

I really need to learn to use this software,which version do you have,I have seen they have free version too??!!

Great work you are showing here. Lucky one´s who knows how to design the hull in such a software and make also the laser cutting (I guess you are shortening the time very much if you compare with the old fashioned style)
I like very much your jig (with mm-paper) for keeping the frames vertical and accurate 90 degrees to the axis ..... looks very good and handsome
Many thanks for sharing...very interesting

Great work you are showing here. Lucky one´s who knows how to design the hull in such a software and make also the laser cutting (I guess you are shortening the time very much if you compare with the old fashioned style)
I like very much your jig (with mm-paper) for keeping the frames vertical and accurate 90 degrees to the axis ..... looks very good and handsome
Many thanks for sharing...very interesting
Yes, with laser cutting I am radically shortening the time for frames production. Another friend has laser cutter workshop. It was very cheap to cut the frames. I prepared the drawing for cutting in AutoCAD and Corel.

Thanks for the link
For me most important is the vertical part which can be moved in order to stabilise the frames (I guess until the glue is hardenend)

Uwe ,I posted more images in the link above,I don’t want hijack this topic from the build.

To avoid cracks on the hull, in the later phase, I glued the narrow paper bands on it. I will see if it was good idea. Grey area on the hull is covered with putty.

p1170710.jpg

p1170712.jpg

Last edited:
Back