Permagrit tools

Nice looking tools. Interesting that I went to order some and the prices are in GBP, EUR and USD . When I finally got to the paypal site the price conversion from GBP to CDN was $68.82. I then re-submitted using EUR and the conversion worked out to $73.41 CDN the USD worked out to $71.83 CDN. I could easily buy a cold refreshment for these price differences!

Last edited:

zoly99sask

Administrative
Staff member
Administrative

I bought my set many years ago on Model Expo, they are a European company.

Last edited:

zoly99sask

Administrative
Staff member
Administrative

It may never wear off, but soft material may clogged it. How would you clean it?
Here

I learned about Permagrit tools from modelboatyard.com and have used them ever since. Recently I saw a set of "Japanese finger files" in a Lee Valley catalog and bought the set. They're similar to Permagrit tools but are only 3 1/2 inches long and use finer grit. I got two flat (one tapered) two convex (one tapered) and a 90 degree file. Since they're smaller and use finer grit they're very handy in places you couldn't use a Permagrit and they leave a nearly finished surface. Look at them. Many wood model builders will like them a lot,

Uwek

Administrative
Staff member
Administrative

I learned about Permagrit tools from modelboatyard.com and have used them ever since. Recently I saw a set of "Japanese finger files" in a Lee Valley catalog and bought the set. They're similar to Permagrit tools but are only 3 1/2 inches long and use finer grit. I got two flat (one tapered) two convex (one tapered) and a 90 degree file. Since they're smaller and use finer grit they're very handy in places you couldn't use a Permagrit and they leave a nearly finished surface. Look at them. Many wood model builders will like them a lot,
Very good hint - I will give them a try....

Hi I just tried lee valley and can not find the japanese fingerfiles, do you have a link, THANKS Don