Port Jackson Schooner

Greetings all,
The Port Jackson schooner was my introduction to timber ship modelling when my two adult sons (after my suggestion) bought the kit for me as a birthday gift not long after I had retired from the work force.
It was a very steep learning curve and some of the construction, particularly the planking at the bow, was decidedly different. I was quite happy with the finished product which occupied a spot on a shelf. One day when housework involve dusting in the general vicinity I noticed that some additional rigging had appeared, a spider had spun a web amongst the ropes! This was removed and an acrylic case followed. No more spider web or dust.
Since construction of the PJS I have built a kit- bashed HMAT Bounty, and scratch built frigate HMS surprise and 74 gun ship of the line HMS Bellona, all contained in acrylic display cases.
Cheers, David.IMG_7.JPGIMG_6.JPGIMG_4.JPGIMG_3.JPGIMG_1.JPGIMG_2.JPGIMG_5.JPG

Beautiful ship - but please do not post images of your ship inside your home due to security reasons. I suggest removing the first image. So you have a suitable background so that I can add this to the Gallery?

Thanks

Very nice build. Regarding the mistakes we all make them and they are the first thing we see when others view the model - the curse of the serious modeller!

Back