Pre-Dreadnought Battleship 'Potemkin' (1900) in 1/100

I found an image showing these objects on the turrets

View attachment 307736

also here

and this image is making it clear

View attachment 307737

Rebel seamen on the deck of the battleship potemkin on which a revolutionary uprising took place june 14 - 24, 1905.​

Rebel seamen on the deck of the battleship potemkin on which a revolutionary uprising took place june 14 - 24, 1905. (Photo by: Sovfoto/Universal Images Group via Getty Images)

Okay, so now I MUST add the boats on the top of the main guns of my Potemkin!

Hi everyone!
This is my first proper post on this forum, and I hope not the last!
I will be building a 1/100th scale model of the Imperial Russian Battleship Potemkin, famous for her crew's mutiny in 1905 and the revolutionary 1925 movie based on that event.
I have a beautiful (though not quite perfect) set of plans from Harhaus, in Leipzig. I do recommend you go check them out, they make some good drawings, though they are a smidge more contemporary than what is common here on this forum

Harhaus

Since these plans are under copyright, I will post only low res samples, and only if needed. But I also have another set of plans, afaik from a modeller's magazine from the USSR. I'll use these for reference in my future posts, and I've put them here for you to download.

That being said, let's get down to the nitty-gritty, shall we?

I'm a stickler for trying new things, so the Hull shall be 3D-Printed from HIPS (The same plastic used in sprue kits).
For that end I've started work on the 3D model of the ships Hull.
There's still some work to do (There always is...), but here she is:

View attachment 235581
View attachment 235582

View attachment 235584

I'll keep you posted! ;)
Hallo @Kosmonaut22
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back