Privateer Viper 1/24th Scale

ok so slowed down a bit as holidays at work and my promotion. now i am mgmnt i am putting in the hours rofl.

cha ching!!!!!

but i been putting in 14 hr days working 11 am til 1 am most of it due to thanksgiving and black friday. also now that black friday over dealing with all the returns and stuff but it will slow down again soon til xmas comes so until first of year ill be spotty.

I been really mulling over spending the money for the Jean boudreux 74 gun collection and the plans, but I been trying to find some pics of the books to see what they are like if they are worth it or if they are just going to be a dissapointment a.d it being just all talk about stuff and not much to show actual construction etc.

if anyone has the series can they post a screen shot of a couple pages to show what its like. almost 800 with shipping and exchange rate is a healthy chuck to put out blind

Just ordered my Xmas present to myself

THE 74 GUN SHIP Pratical Treatise of Naval Art 1780 - Tome : The SET 4 vol - English

and also

TIMBERING PLANS THE 74-GUN SHIP - Langue : English - 42 plans 1 / 48nd (31 -74 guns ship + 11 - timbering)

was a fast $800 ish bucks cause I also forked out for the fast airmail service

Just ordered my Xmas present to myself

THE 74 GUN SHIP Pratical Treatise of Naval Art 1780 - Tome : The SET 4 vol - English

and also

TIMBERING PLANS THE 74-GUN SHIP - Langue : English - 42 plans 1 / 48nd (31 -74 guns ship + 11 - timbering)

was a fast $800 ish bucks cause I also forked out for the fast airmail service

A good step, so you finaly ordered the set.....we were talking about some weeks ago - very good

well with my promotion which is $5.00 US more than I was making with like this week 16 hrs overtime which makes it $360.00 extra on this upcoming check plus my Quartly bonus which will be about $365.00 a good portion will be paid for in a week then the rest in 2 more weeks

your work is amazing, unfortunately by the time I learn to do this stuff I will probably expire lol so I'm gonna have to do this the old fashion way with paper and a pencil, good thing I had Mechanical drawing in school. It will still take me a good bit of time. I want to build the Constellation pretty bad so I'll have to muddle through it. Hopefully I can get it done before I kick the bucket.

yes that is why I am drawing it up will be building it at 1/24th scale afterwards. Once I get the basic frames all finished I will start cutting out parts while I work on drawing the rest up

Also as I go along and get the plans for me to start cutting I will post a link in case anyone else would like to do it also. Right now it is basically a cross section but want to get to the bow and maybe release as a front half ship where you can have the main mast and bow rigged if wanted. I dunno I am going fo rthe full ship and that will leave many possibilities for someone to build 5 different way possibly.

One more oar port to go and back to frames

View attachment 62386
Hello Joseph,
I am amazed at your ability to use this program in order to loft your ship. Your tutorial helps me see the advantage of using this program prior to making sawdust. If I've read your posts correctly up to this point, if you build her at 1:24 scale then that will mean that the breadth of your beam will be 11.16666667 or 11 11/64" wide. That will make for a respectable model with room for many details.
Raymond

Back