Problem With CNC Machine

Hi there,

I recently bought a CNC 3018 Pro machine. I set up the bit right on top of the wood piece before engraving. When I started the engraving process, the bit on the machine went of the wood and started moving around in the air. Do you know how I would be able to fix this problem and what might be causing it? I am using UGS and Grbl Control software.

Thank you!

maybe go to this topic someone might be of help

Thumbsup Hi there,

I recently bought a CNC 3018 Pro machine. I set up the bit right on top of the wood piece before engraving. When I started the engraving process, the bit on the machine went of the wood and started moving around in the air. Do you know how I would be able to fix this problem and what might be causing it? I am using UGS and Grbl Control software.

Thank you!
This is the user guide I made for myself so I do not forget the steps of working with the machine and software:
1. Lighting machine.
2. Port inspection of the machine
3. I opened a large, Singapore of the individual.
4. Checking the movement of hinges.
5. Open easel.
6. New project
7. Machine settings
8. Ensure 300mm size setting without spacing
9. Make sure advanced settings and back to some top left
10. New project
11. Check units of measurement left bottom
12. The room has a material / material type and its dimensions
13. Say bit / type of milling - Kastom 3018 15 degrees
14. Click on the shape in the blue panel and select the milling depth, character and shape
15 Create g code - Advance, automatic, 1000, start the code, export code / green. Downloads file to Top Disk
16. Open a gargle
17. Working button on the rotary knob
18. Define points 0 xy, the z above the working height in the part
19. Click on open / import and import a file and click send
good luck

Hi there,

Thank you!
On a CNC machine you don’t “I set up the bit right on top of the wood piece before engraving”. Working on a CNC machine, there is a process to do before any work starts and that is to establish the “HOME” position of the bit. Then you establish the “Table size” plus the min/max of the X,Y,Z axes. And the most important item is to make sure the “E-STOP” is functioning

From your post I understand you don’t have much experience working with CNC machines and I suggest to read the operation manual. In addition you should have a working knowledge of the “g-code” which you should be able to read and assure all the X,Y,Z values are within your machine’s limits.

You will have to zero the position of the bit on your wood at the origin you want to start at. move the bit to x,y and z point on your wood (bit just touching the top surface of the wood ) and the hit the zero axis keys. You tube is a great place to learn how to setup and run your machine.
james dean tutorials

Since the depth of cut was very important for me I used an Auto-Zero plate shown in the attached snip. What is shown is using Mach3 software to control my CNC but other controllers should have something similar. This way you start the depth of cut from the absolute zero.

Another way to do it is by using a paper strip, you lower the cutter until it touches the paper and then you zero the Z. But although this is very easy to do, it’s not as accurate.

Attachments

• Auto-Zero Plate.JPG
    Auto-Zero Plate.JPG
    142.3 KB · Views: 14
Back