Prooxon Thicknesser DH 40-Help in finding a reliable supplier and at a good price

Since I am entering the field of ship model construction from Scratch
I realized I needed this device or a quality equivalent. Unfortunately the prices are a bit high and I thought I would try to get your help in getting recommendations in locating a supplier of a new device, or used in very good condition or a parallel product of the same size and good quality. I am open to advice, guidance and help, as I will have another problem that increases the price is the shipping costs.

I think it was in the tools discussions, show off your new tools or something to that effect, but I seen a post where someone had
made their own thickness sander and gave instructions on how to build it. Save some cash towards your next ship that way :)

Proxxon and Byrnes thickness sanders
100% agree with Brian!! Save up for the good stuff. If you have the space, another option would be a full sized thickness sander but it would need to have a motorized feed belt, ajustments to 1/64" or better, and a dust extractor... in the long run it would cost as much as just getting the top quality model tools.

I am also in moment looking around and try to get information about the available tools for "thicknessing".

I think, based on the information I found out until now, that the tools from Proxxon or Byrnes are the tools we should look for.
Until now I am not convinced about other cheaper variants.
The partly problem is the fact, that they are limited in the width

A much more expensive alternativ would be such tools like from JET, the JWDS-1020-M - but these are already double the price
yxy.JPG

Originally I was looking for the smaller version from JET, the JET 10-20 Plus, but it seems, that this machine is not produced any more
xx1.JPG

My good friends Thanks for the recommendations and tips, I knew I could trust on you.
Of course I am open to more ideas/advice from friends

I use the DH40 for two years in my shop. I use it very often and i dont know more to live without. The price is high, but cheap tools i don´t use more because the stress that they cause. The benefit to a sander is the dust and the size. But the DH 40, like every tool, isn´t a all in wonder tool. Its good for fast and quick work if you need a thinner wood just in time. If you need to work with 20, 30, 40 pieces of wood, its better to buy a bigger thicknesser. I will buy a second one for the rough works, my DH is then only for the fine works. The machine hasn´t any connection for a cleaner and the width with 80mm is as well limited. Its a tool for modeling. With a little trick on the table you can use the machine until 0,8mm. Alternative product for the DH 40 in this size i dont know.

A DH 40 would be very nice, though if your budget doesn't stretch that far, a normal wood working router with a simple fence is an option for finishing material that has been ripped down close to size. I have tried this myself and it does work quite well, there are some draw backs, one being more dangerous, due to lack of guarding around the rotating cutting bit, the other being setting thickness accurately, another would be limitation on width of material.
Just my 2 cent's worth.

Dear Friends
I was able to find the machine at the same good price as the cost of purchasing on international sites + shipping here and the accompanying taxes.
What is left for me is to work on the device in a productive and creative way.
Thank you all for the tips
20200730_143424.jpg

Back