Proxxon mini mill

Hello everyone I'm looking into buying this proxxon mini mill , I see it being useful for mortiseing keels , and other parts on a ship , it's $400 do you guys have any opinions on this machine and is it worth the money.. thanks

1397.jpeg

I feel this is exactly what a scaled ship modeler may need. I do not own exact machine but I have a Proxxon drilling stand (cheap version) which holds my Proxxon rotary tool. The X-Y moving table is also attached to the stand. I am very happy with this set. I use it all the time for drilling and milling.

I've been wanting to get a small mill like this. What kind of bits or attachments should one get along with the mill?

I've been wanting to get a small mill like this. What kind of bits or attachments should one get along with the mill?
Proxxon PM 40 is a must have, proxxon PR24264 is helpful for making yards and masts and of course bits. I bought in store 0,5mm and 0,7mm but they weren't proxxon's. I think something with diffrent shapes will be also helpuf as well - PR28710, PR28720. Standard PR28758(1mm), PR28759(2mm), PR28761(3mm) and someting in between 1,5mm, 2,5mm, 4mm

Ich habe mir, allerdings um viel Geld eine Aciera F1 in der Schweiz gekauft. Was besseres gibt es nicht.

Thought I would add my two pennyworth. I have just bought a Proxxon KT70 milling table (yesterday), although I do not have a Milling machine and fixed it to my Benchtop pillar drill. I will also use it with the much smaller Dremel 220 workstation I have.
It needs some practise but I produced my first piece from 20mm sq MDF block, a corner wash bowl for a Dolls house I am making. Just got to figure out how to move in the Z direction in a more accurate way as there are no micro screws to move the drill head up or down, nor for that matter the table clamp. Also need to buy some smaller milling heads as I just used the smallest router bit, which was 4mm. The outside of the bowl was sanded not milled.

Milled Bowl.jpg

Proxxon KT70.jpg

Yeah…you will do well with this mini machine! It will take practice to get things right but that is expected. This is the kind of tool that if you do not have one you don’t miss it…but when you do have one you don’t understand how you ever did things without it. :)

Thought I would add my two pennyworth. I have just bought a Proxxon KT70 milling table (yesterday), although I do not have a Milling machine and fixed it to my Benchtop pillar drill. I will also use it with the much smaller Dremel 220 workstation I have.
It needs some practise but I produced my first piece from 20mm sq MDF block, a corner wash bowl for a Dolls house I am making. Just got to figure out how to move in the Z direction in a more accurate way as there are no micro screws to move the drill head up or down, nor for that matter the table clamp. Also need to buy some smaller milling heads as I just used the smallest router bit, which was 4mm. The outside of the bowl was sanded not milled.

View attachment 304920

View attachment 304921
Hi John, try Associated Production Tools Ltd, Glasgow for bits, they do an excellnt range of slot drills with 1/8 shanks, various lengths, up-cut & down-cut from 1mm dia. from £2.40. Next day delivery. I used 1 & 1.5mm in my MF70 to make gratings as per Jimsky. I broke the 1.5 by my own hand, I wound the stationary bit into the wood before raising it! Ordered replacements online @ APT, they arrived next day.

Hello everyone I've decided on getting this sherline mill over the proxxon Mf70 mill , this mill is much better quality and much more versatile, the proxxon only took up to a 3mm shank , I didn't like that , this will even tilt both ways for more versatility, and a much better motor ..

5000_pic-768x576.jpg

Back