Proxxon Pensander PS 13

Any one have one of these pen-sanders?
Can you tell me your opinion of them are they a useful tool.
Thanks Allan
Hallo Allan,
My personal opinion - usefull for some special areas - I am using it and I am happy with it

Take a look at this post in my Salamandre building log

Hope this is helping .....

Hallo Allan,
My personal opinion - usefull for some special areas - I am using it and I am happy with it

Take a look at this post in my Salamandre building log

Hope this is helping .....
Thanks Uwe for the reply am thinking about one, I guess its useful in certain circumstances.
Good idea about cutting your own sanding pads.
Allan

Yes, they are useful. You can turbo charge one by getting 80 grit adhesive sandpaper and cutting your own refills in a coarser grit than you can buy.

I have one, useful for tight spots and difficult angles.... Be careful though, I found it to sand much more aggressively than I had imagined.

I have one, used it a couple of times. is it worth the cost (no). I NOT have I found a need for it that other sanding cant do. ( not yet). May be usefull in non kit builds, but it is not a priority tool. The tooth brush approach would be better.

I've been using the electric toothbrush for about 10 yrs or more, my wife throws it in the trash basket and I grab it, clean it up, then cut the bristles off down to the pad and I'm ready to go. It's off to Wally Worlds cosmetic dept. where I pick up the hard foam she uses to keep her toes apart while she paints them. Now it's back home to the garage and cut the foam to the shape I want, contact cement it to the toothbrush, then cut a piece of sandpaper to the shape and glue it on with rubber cement, and, voila, we have a new custom miniature sander. I usually have at least a half dozen kicking around at any given time and they cost me next to nothing, so don't throw out that electric toothbrush. try it.

Thanks Allan
I have one and use all the time for shaping hull planking The downside is the sanding pads them selves don't last very long......

I have found that powered sanding of any type is often way more helpful than hand sanding. But that comes from my own frustration with the slowness of hand sanding. I hate to take too much time to sand and file so if I can speed up that process I go for it. I don’t have one...yet...and the electric tooth brush idea is a keeper...

Last edited:
I've got one - I use it often but the pads you get with it are rubbish. I spent a morning putting lines of double sided tape on various grades of sandpaper and then cutting out lots of the pad shapes - triangles, squares, etc. The most annoying thing is the pen and transformer are seperate purchases

I have found that powered sanding of any type is often way more helpful than hand sanding. But that comes from my own frustration with the slowness of hand sanding. I hate to take too much time to sand and file so if I can speed up that process I go for it. I don’t have one...yet...and the electric tooth brush idea is a keeper...
Me too. I use a Wecheer rotary tool. And I use Dremel sanding disks with it to help shape planking rather than hand sanding. Works really well and is a time saver!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210207-181546_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210207-181546_Chrome.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 26
Thanks Allan
Hallo Allan alias @AMack
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
PS: Are you working on the HMS Warrior? Once you asked for drawings.....

Back