PS Waverley

Last seagoing passenger paddle steamer in the world. My 3rd scratch build, thought I would build something different! Had plans for this and took a trip from The Tower of London to Gravesend a few years ago to take photos of the interior which is what I was more interested in. Enjoyed how to show the interior, making the furniture, upholstery, flooring etc. Wanted to show the bar, dining room, engine room, paddle wheels etc. Got a bit bored with it at the end and did not bother finishing the deck fittings. Was pleased though with the interior, I think it's pretty much how it is, and the stanchions and rails. You might be amused. Paul

095.JPG094.JPG

Nice model, no other photos?
I imagine myself at the bar drinking one (or more) glass while contemplating the landscapes !! Beer

Chissà perchè gli scafi con le linee così allungate snelli , affusolati hanno sempre un certo fascino . Bravo complimenti bel modello .

google translator:
Who knows why the hulls with their long, slender, tapered lines always have a certain charm. Good model beautiful compliments.

Last edited by a moderator:
She is looking very good, Paul.
Thanks Jim, my mind now is how to build models in a different way, I cannot build precise so try to make difficult and complicated scratch models, I don't think I could do a kit again. Doing this model was like building the hull of a ship and the interior of a dolls house! What a wonderful hobby we have. Paul

annot build precise so try to make difficult and complicated scratch models, I don't think I could do a kit again. Doing this model was like building the hull of a ship and the interior of a dolls house! What a wonderful hobby we have. Paul
Yes, we do have a wonderful hobby, and there are many possibilities and the ways you can build your own models. Well.... scratch build is really challenging way to build models, but nothing more can make you happy and proud when building your own parts. Scratch building is something am looking for a long time....and those days are coming closer. :)

She is looking very good, Paul.
Nice model, no other photos?
I imagine myself at the bar drinking one (or more) glass while contemplating the landscapes !! Beer
Hi Michel, tried to take some close up photos but the clear plastic covering gave a bad reflection. Thanks for the nice comment, when I was aboard a hot cup of tea would be better! Paul

Chissà perchè gli scafi con le linee così allungate snelli , affusolati hanno sempre un certo fascino . Bravo complimenti bel modello .

google translator:
Who knows why the hulls with their long, slender, tapered lines always have a certain charm. Good model beautiful compliments.
Hi Giancarlo, yes a nice charm but maybe not very comfortable when at sea, plenty of travel tablets needed! Paul

Last seagoing passenger paddle steamer in the world. My 3rd scratch build, thought I would build something different! Had plans for this and took a trip from The Tower of London to Gravesend a few years ago to take photos of the interior which is what I was more interested in. Enjoyed how to show the interior, making the furniture, upholstery, flooring etc. Wanted to show the bar, dining room, engine room, paddle wheels etc. Got a bit bored with it at the end and did not bother finishing the deck fittings. Was pleased though with the interior, I think it's pretty much how it is, and the stanchions and rails. You might be amused. Paul

Going on a hard hat tour in march to take photos for my build of this incredible vessel…

Back