Purchased shortly ago / sthg new in your workshop -> present it here

Yesterday afternoon I went out and bought a bottle of 15-year old Scotch to replenish the supply I always keep in the workshop. Over the years I've found it absolutely indispensable for use while building Admiralty-style, POF, models.

Hank
What happened to the rum ration which would be more appropriate! ROTF ;)

Hay everyone I'm a little late to the conversation, I also was looking into buying a proxxon planer because I'm into scratch building now, I really think they are over priced for what you get,I understand everyone wants small hobby tools, I'm one of them , but for an extra $100 you can get a Dewalt 12 1/2 inch for approximately $450 to $500 and all the reviews say it leaves a nice smooth finish, I will be buying this when I start another build.. thanks

41gN7SPnnDL._AC_SY1000_.jpg

Hay everyone I'm a little late to the conversation, I also was looking into buying a proxxon planer because I'm into scratch building now, I really think they are over priced for what you get,I understand everyone wants small hobby tools, I'm one of them , but for an extra $100 you can get a Dewalt 12 1/2 inch for approximately $450 to $500 and all the reviews say it leaves a nice smooth finish, I will be buying this when I start another build.. thanks

View attachment 325854
life’s too short, think all the pleasure you will get from it , it does look a sexy bit of kit , it’s a man thing

View attachment 325854
I have a Metabo HC260, which has doubled in price since buying mine, & by using a carrier I can produce 2 ~ 3 mm thick timber.

I completely agree with Nigel, they are built with love, and somewhat handsome sanding blocks. Where did you purchase the hardware (threaded road and knurling head nuts)?

I completely agree with Nigel, they are built with love, and somewhat handsome sanding blocks. Where did you purchase the hardware (threaded road and knurling head nuts)?

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THESRE ARE ON AMOZON, ALSO WHERE DID YOU GET THE SAND PAPER. THANKS GOD BLESS STAY SAFE ALL DON

Example

Needed some extra sanding blocks for finer sandpaper. From fleabay, (one needs to add “leather” to the sanding block search)

View attachment 327288

View attachment 327289

View attachment 327290
H
Needed some extra sanding blocks for finer sandpaper. From fleabay, (one needs to add “leather” to the sanding block search)

View attachment 327288

View attachment 327289

View attachment 327290
Here's some I made earlier (about 3 years ago)

IMG_5082.JPG

IMG_5083.JPG

As I am no longer working in the garage but in house dust has become a problem. On the one hand I kept coughing, mainly while using the disc sander on the other hand dust spread through the house so to keep everybody happy, not in the least myself ;), I picked up the Proxxon CW matic.
20220910_200201.jpg
Big plus of this machine is that you can plug in your tool and when you start your tool, the vac will automatically start too and keeps running for 5 seconds after you stop working.
20220910_200217.jpg

Back