QE2 1/450 Gunze Sangyo

Hi Guys
After a long spell of no model building, here is the hull of my 1/450 Gunze Sangyo QE2 model.
the superstructure is painted, but still need’s assembling

I have also started work on the lifeboats for my 1/200 Titanic although not much work has been done on the hull or superstructure for some time now.

I am hoping to be able to get back into doing more model building over the winter months.

Attachments

• BE405D80-12B7-4F55-AE77-A11F21D0204A.jpeg
    BE405D80-12B7-4F55-AE77-A11F21D0204A.jpeg
    243.1 KB · Views: 58
Hi Guys
After a long spell of no model building, here is the hull of my 1/450 Gunze Sangyo QE2 model.

I have also started work on the lifeboats for my 1/200 Titanic although not much work has been done on the hull or superstructure for some time now.

I am hoping to be able to get back into doing more model building over the winter months.
Hallo @Beau
we wish you the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
How is your work on the Titanic going?

Hi Guys

Hi Beau,

The 1:450 scale and detail on this QE2 kit is awesome. I have the Revell kit which I will be building next, but the Revell instruction set is not great... is it possible at all that you could send me a pdf copy of the Gunze instructions to use as well? The molds are identical so parts and part trees will be 100% the same, but I believe the instructions are SO MUCH better with the Gunze kit. Thanks in advance if you are able to help out!
Regards
Charl

Hi Charl,

I have scanned a copy of the instructions of the Gunze Sangyo Queen Elizabeth 2 for you.
please let me know your email and I will send them to you.

kind regards,

Beau.

Hi Charl,

Your QE2 model looks really great.
Glad I was able to help you with the instructions.

What's you next model project.

KInd regards,

Beau.

Thanks Beau :)
Currently working on the SS Oriana (see the pic) though she is a tricky one... I had to cut away all the railings to be able to add metal railings... and the stern has been a nightmare, sith the pieces not fitting properly, so much so that I will be cutting all that away and making my own pieces to go on there, because I can't have a good model look that crappy, I take too much pride in my builds... *sigh * I guess the model is older than me (and I am 60)!) so it's quite possible that age has not been her friend!

Oriana under construction.png

Oriana stern under construction.png

Hi Charl,

It looks like you have a lot of work to do on the stern of your model, otherwise it looks really nice.

I went on board one day with my brother to have a look around when it was in Gibraltar back in July 1971, these were the days when you could virtually walk on board cruise ships and there was minimal security.

She was a very striking design when she was commission in 1960.

I last saw the ship when it was laid up in Sydney harbour in the mid 80’s before it was towed to China to become an amusement centre.

It's life as an amusement centre was short lived, she was sunk along side the dock during a Typhoon and was eventually re floated and taken away to be scrapped.

Beau.

I decided to rip that whole stern section off and rebuild it all manually, looks a lot better now, but I need to retouch a lot of the white paint... the whole model was made in that caramel color of the hull so EVERYTHING had to be painted, which is a pain! Anyhow, it's slowly getting there... a slight improvement, right? Have to do those windows on the stern now...

Oriana new stern.jpg

Some of us are just suckers for punishment, we never stop until we have achieved perfection :).
LOL... yeah that kinda sounds like me.. when I decided to shave off the pre-existing railings and replace them with PE upgrades I forgot how damn SMALL those railings are!!!!

Back