Queen Charlotte figure head by Janos

This is very much in the making, I am working on different parts now. More later.
Janos

Queen Charlotte figure head.jpgQueen Charlotte figure head 2.jpg

Very nice carving :handgestures-thumbup: What type of wood did you use and what are the sizes for the figures?

Thanks Joe
I am using European Boxwood. The size of these figures is about 5-8 cms - refer to the ruler in the first picture.
Janos

Since I joined the hobby, have to say Janos's work ranks at the very top for inspiration and just plain 'wow' factor. I love it and want to see more and more of your work Janos. Thank goodness you are here on SOS. :handgestures-thumbup:

Thanks, Guys!
I've got two hobbies now- ship model building and carving. The latter is a hobby in a hobby!
Sovereign of the Seas will combine both. At the moment I am building the hull and as soon as I can start carving (after planking) I've got, again, a double hobby going. The carving serves me well also as I am volunteering in the Australian Maritime Museum once-twice a month, as those small pieces are easy to carry and to work on while on duty.
Janos

Verdaderamente increíble janos, son maravillosas tus tallas, muy finas y bien acabadas, yo no creo que pueda algún día hacer tu trabajo, haces que sea fácil pero no lo es, algún día podrías mostrarnos algún video de como trabajas la madera, creo que aprenderíamos mucho de ti, las tallas en madera es trabajo que me causa mucho respeto y un poco de miedo porque no se por donde empezarlas, bueno janos un abrazo y muy buen trabajo

google translation:
Truly incredible Janos, your carvings are wonderful, very fine and well finished, I don't think I can ever do your job, you make it easy but it isn't, one day you could show us a video of how you work with wood, I think we would learn Much of you, wood carvings is work that causes me a lot of respect and a little fear because I don't know where to start them, well give us a hug and a very good job

Last edited by a moderator:
Hola Janos, aun no has podido hacer un video, bueno gracias por contestar

Hi Janos, you haven't been able to make a video yet, well thank you for answering.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back