Question: How to make stairs?

Thanks friends.. I'm starting to understand how to do the stairs... This is the first attempt following the description provided by Ukrainian friends

Grazie amici .. comincio a capire come fare le scale... Questo è il primo tentativo seguendo la descrizione fornita dagli amici ukraini

View attachment 442299

View attachment 442300

View attachment 442301

View attachment 442302

View attachment 442303
Your ladder is looking already much much better.
with some samples more they will be very good - btw: try to use less glue
do not use the outlet of your bottle directly, but put some dropps of glue on a waste wood, table, paper or whereever and use the end of a toothpick to transfer some small amount of glue on the place you need - often less glue is "more" better to say "better"

If you have access to Pear or Boxwood or another similar wood small-scale fixtures look much better when made from it. Basswood in most kits fuzzes badly and is hard to have clean, square edges, even with sanding.

If all else fails you can take the easy way out and go to most ship model fixtures web sites and buy a ladder kit…
Failures and successes are part of modeling. I started at 14 with the first free flight model airplanes... and stopped at 40 with RC aerobatics. Now at 79 I have started again by discovering the world of static naval modelling. It's a completely different world and I'm discovering day by day the charm of making these little sailing ships.
The kits? .. no thanks I entrench the presumption of being a model maker and not an assembler.
Yes, danielsje there are kits for the parts. I make two considerations... the first I bought the kit to make the grates, I don't know how Google will translate..., at the moment I don't know how I could build them, but the problem of the stairs has been solved... The second, are the cannons, I just bought a mini lathe just to build cannons and other things.
I apologize for this off-topic.

I fallimenti e i successi fanno parte del modellismo. Ho iniziato a 14 anni con i primi aeromodelli per il volo libero... e ho smesso a 40 con gli acrobatici RC. Ora a 79 anni ho reiniziato scoprendo il mondo del modellismo statico navale. E' un mondo completamente diverso e sto scoprendo giorno per giorno il fascino del realizzare questi piccoli velieri.
I kit? .. no grazie mi arrocco la presunzione di essere un modellista e non un assemblatore.
Si, danielsje esistono i kit per i particolari. Faccio due considerazioni... la prima ho comperato il kit per fare le grate, non sò come google tradurrà..., al momento non so come postrei costruirli, ma risolto il problema delle scale ... La seconda, sono i cannoni , ho appena acquistato un mini tornio proprio per costruire i cannoni e altre cose.
Chiedo scusa per questo
off-topic.

Last edited:
Se hai accesso al pero o al bosso o ad un altro legno simile, gli infissi su piccola scala sembrano molto migliori se realizzati con esso. Il tiglio nella maggior parte dei kit si sfalda molto ed è difficile avere bordi puliti e squadrati, anche con la levigatura.

correct use of wood is precisely one of the things I am learning

la scelta del legno è appunto una delle cose che stò imparando

Back