Rainbow 1935

Hi, nice to be here. I just joined, and like to upload this finished yacht. I worked on this J-class for over a year to keep my mind off cancer treatments. I liked the mahogany so I didn't paint the hull white. The deck was hard to make it look like weathered teak. That was 3 years ago, so it's kind of my lucky charm.

Rainbow completed.JPG

Rainbow completed deck.jpg

Rainbow completed mast.JPG

Very well done. Congratulations. I hope that your health has returned to normal.

Thanks Don, I am super strong again, and closely monitored by my team of oncologists.
Looking forward sharing experiences here.
Take care and stay safe.

I am also building the Amati - also did not paint the hull after all the hours of getting it to look good! I am currently ready yo step the mast / rig sails and wondering which is first. I have read that it is easier to attach sails then step the mast. Either way, does it make sense to pre locate the holes in the sail to make it easier to sewing to the mast - Thanks

I would say to get your mast installed in the correct place. You will have to rig the standing rigging first. I would pre make the holes and what ever preps to the sails. Then rig up your sails and then do the running rigging like sail and boom management after. This is just my opinion.

Hi, nice to be here. I just joined, and like to upload this finished yacht. I worked on this J-class for over a year to keep my mind off cancer treatments. I liked the mahogany so I didn't paint the hull white. The deck was hard to make it look like weathered teak. That was 3 years ago, so it's kind of my lucky charm.
Hallo @CBeetsma
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back