RC Dumas Mt. Washington Steamer

Dear Don
it's looking beautiful
I would love to read details about the ship, the construction process and see photos

Wow, that is an incredible build and a fantastic paint job. I think the passengers and crew really set if off. I’ve got the Dumas plan package for that ship. I’ve looked at the plans over and over and over. It’s great to see one built.

Jan

Hallo @TheDonMI ,
first of all a warm welcome here on board of our forum - and many thanks for sharing with us your model - a very good start to be an active member..... Thumbsup
A great looking model and I am pretty sure, also interesting to see the boat sailing on a lake
Do you know already the building log of our member @Peter Voogt who is building the Robert E.Lee ?
Do you have an actual project you are working in moment?

Also from me a warm welcom. And some Thumbs-UpOkayThumbs-Up for your great looking Side Wheel Paddle Steamer.
Uwek posted the link of my build. I am building for a mutch longer time. But times doesn’t matter! The whole building proces and looking to the growing of your model is fun.
And as @shota70 wrote, perhaps you have some photos of the building?
Regards, Peter

Last edited:
This kit by Dumas (1/48 scale) is advertised as their most challenging project, and I would agree! I found the kit reasonably put together with good written and illustrated instructions plus step by step photos. I would rather that the kit had been all wood, but I can live with the ABS plastic. I used mostly medium and thin CA and epoxy resin cement throughout and painted it with Model Master and spray can enamels. I hand-painted all the figures. Mt. Washington is the fourth Dumas kit I have built--the Lord Nelson Victory Tug, the Chris Craft Triple Cockpit, Barrel Back Runabout, and the SC-1 Subchaser. I have enjoyed each one. The Mt. W has yet to sail but it is winter here in Michigan so that will have to wait until next year.

Looks fantastic. I love the people! Are those O scale ?
I have one as well. Had it for many years. So long that the resin drive gears and belt deteriorated. I went ahead and made it a geared drive. The upper portion runs off a small gear motor as well. I hated having to dissemble the crank every time I needed to open it up!

31235EE5-E469-4AE6-BFCF-1F44A4DCDC7A.jpeg78597204-C3D9-48EC-B569-ECA10B72922E.jpegimage.jpg

I like your modifications. I also hate having to dismantle the crank. I don't know if the figures are O scale. I just looked on the internet for something that was the same scale as the boat. They came from China and were sloppily painted, so I had to repaint each figure.

I wish I had the patience to do the detail and time you’ve put into the project. Awesome!!!!

I would love to see how you all have these isolated in your home. My dad built on years ago, he passed recently and it’s now in my house….not really sure how to display it?

Back