Relocation, relocation.

Good day to all,

Well we have finally arrived in Simon's Town, Western Cape. This was after a 12.5 hour drive from Bloemfontein. The cat also came along, but she took the journey pretty well. The process of relocating and the activities around it surely interupted my build of the Graf Spee. But now that we are here I can slowly try to locate wher the building stuff was packed and unpack it to continue with the project. We are currently in a hotel ( I have some visions of Faulty Towers ...) for about four months. And I am confronted with the reality that I will not be able to spray any of the models - so it will be back to old school... using brushes and oils (well I do have some acrylics, but why go the easy route). I am actually loooking forward to it, in a strange way. So any advice from my fellow shipmates (perhaps of 90 years and older...) regarding painting ships with the ole brush and oil/acrylics would really be appreciated.

And we are in a room with a view ... just across Simon's Town Naval facillity. Picture attached.

Simon's Town 2022.jpg

Back