Replacement thread

I have resurrected an old MS USS Constitution I bought several years. I am now up to the rigging and find that the thread in the kit is very old and unravels very easily, even after I touch the ends with CA glue. I would like to replace the thread but don't know what would be the equivalent size, type and where to buy. The kit includes part no. WP 2589 black thread 3/0 and WP 2587 tan 3/0 (which MS no longer supplies). What would be the best replacement and where can I buy?

Many thanks.

John Gilchrist
Rosenberg, TX

Hi,look around in this thread

On your rigging plan do you have the size chart ?

On further research I now see the size is 0.005" diameter, but still need help on what is best specification (3 lines, polyester, nylon, etc.) and where to buy the best quality.

Thanks.

There is a size chart however it doesn't include the threads.

I have gotten further along. What I've found out is the thread being used is a flying tackle fishing thread weight 3/0. It's really only available at fishing and tackle shops, or through our old trusty source for everything Amazon! The problem is that online the charge is +/- $3.00 for the thread and $8-10 or so for the shipping! But I'm getting much further along and feel the problem will be resolved very quickly. Thanks for your help.

John Gilchrist
Rosenberg, TX

I have resurrected an old MS USS Constitution I bought several years. I am now up to the rigging and find that the thread in the kit is very old and unravels very easily, even after I touch the ends with CA glue. I would like to replace the thread but don't know what would be the equivalent size, type and where to buy. The kit includes part no. WP 2589 black thread 3/0 and WP 2587 tan 3/0 (which MS no longer supplies). What would be the best replacement and where can I buy?

Many thanks.

John Gilchrist
Rosenberg, TX
Hallo John alias @jgilchrist
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Many thanks.

John Gilchrist
Rosenberg, TX
Hallo John alias @jgilchrist
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back