Revell 1\144 Fletcher class destroyer platinum edition

Do you know if it is still on the market?I build the normal okne 40 Yers ago, but modefies into one of the 5 Fletcher

Fantastic build. Although I have been nearly retired from the building- both Wood and Plastic, I wouled like to get the hand of this one. If I can get it , I will make some modification to meet the Spanish Fletcher "LEPANTO" which have a tripod mast with much more electrnick. One of the aft gun as well one set of torpedos has been changed too. There were 5 in Spain in the 1970 th. 3 were modefeid.
I gave up on mine due to the number of pe parts it started to drive round the bend so I gave it to a charity shop.

The photo looks more like a Sumner, or a Gearing. The Fletcher was narrower than a Sumner, and shorter than a Gearing.

WHAT A PITY. With nearly 80 years -if I can get it- I will build it. the pict below, is the model- following the image I build -and as you can see, with a lot of modefications

View attachment 293873
It is a Fletcher -but modified -one of the 6 Flecher there was in the 7Thi Spain. They were named as the Garrabaldies. 3 of them were quite modified. special with the Tripod mast, only one torpedo set and one gun less agter. stern. the two 1TH pics. are from this group. the last one is the one I build back to the early 70Th. Later I modified it with the tripod mast, wher a rader much bigger was build and more electronic. one gun at the stern went too.

27 (2).jpg

24.jpg

28 (2).jpg

Back