Hi everyone, here's a link to my blog where I'm attempting my first model build ever. I chose a pretty difficult one apparently but I'm excited to see how it turns out. I started the Revell 1:96 USS Constitution build a year ago and then took a long break but I'm back now to try and finish it. I'd say I'm about 40% complete. This website has been a huge help in regards to viewing other's builds and giving me advice/tips on constructing my own ship, so thanks to the fellow builders. Here's my link! Feel free to comment or give advice either here or on the blog itself. Feedback is welcomed!

https://shipsofsean.blogspot.com/

Glue the gun deck in place. The instructions say not to glue, but the spar deck will glue in place easier with the gun deck glued in place first. Spar deck and transom fitting can be tricky so use a lot of lighting and caution.
You don't have to finish it in a hurry, take your time. If frustration starts to set in, take a break. And break the steps up into separate sections. To break tedium, for instance doing the gun barrels (groan), do a mast. Then go back to the guns.

Don't give up. Break it up into different little steps so as not to be overwhelmed. For instance, when doing your gun deck guns, do a mast instead of guns one time to break the tedium.

Back