Revell Black Pearl 1/72

Fantastic work on this here's beauty!! She's a fine ship and by the looks of her, she's weathered quite a bit and has come thru the storms. Great build, Captain!

Kkonrath

Kurt Konrath

She looks quite nice for details and all on a plastic ship, paint job is great, if one didn't know you might not tell it was plastic build

First, I have to say how beautiful your model is. You did a fantastic job! I have to ask though, how did you make the sails for the model? I'm working on the same model and I really don't want to use the plastic sails they provide. Thanks and once again great job!

First, I have to say how beautiful your model is. You did a fantastic job! I have to ask though, how did you make the sails for the model? I'm working on the same model and I really don't want to use the plastic sails they provide. Thanks and once again great job!
I am sorry not to have gotten back to you sooner--ugh, too busy. Thank you so much for the kind words!

The sails were aftermarket on eBay. I have very mixed feelings about them. I think they look OK, and I really enjoyed and learned from the experience of working with cloth, but there's an important downside: all that material obscures all the beautiful, hard work you did on your decking, guns, stairs, etc. etc. In some ways I think the best display of this kit has the sails furled, or partly furled. In retrospect, I kinda think that if you're going to do anything "custom" on this kit, maybe make your own ratlines, buy wooden blocks, stuff like that. I most enjoyed scratch-building the staircases (and I'm still irritated that the kit completely failed in mirroring the films in this one regard when they got many things right). Anyway, thank you so much again!