Revell Junkers Ju 88A-1 1:32

I have decided to build a Ju88 A1 in 1:32 scale. The Ju 88 was one of the most famous German twin-engine bombers an multi-purpose aircraft of the 2nd World War and was produced in a quantity of over 15.000 until the end of the war.
I bought the Revell kit several years ago, including various add-on kits to enhance the model. Now finally want to build it.
The bomb sight is assembled first, followed by the right cockpit side. At the moment I'm working on the bulkheads and the bomb bay.

Ju_88_A1_20240605_1.jpg

Ju_88_A1_20240605_2.jpg

Ju_88_A1_20240605_3.jpg

Ju_88_A1_20240605_4.jpg

Ju_88_A1_20240618_1.jpg

Ju_88_A1_20240618_2.jpg

Ju_88_A1_20240626_1.jpg

to be continued.

HuHu - another plastic kit - good to see, that you keep yourself busy in between the sails of your Coureur.
Interesting to see which addons for superdetailing are available on the market in the meantime :cool:

Thank you all for this kind words and likes. Work continues with the installation of the bomb bay and the interior work.
The resin parts of the supplementary kit must be reworked accordingly. Very time-consuming, but always nicer than the empty fuselage.

Ju_88_A1_20240708_1.jpg

Resin parts wih corresponding etched parts are installed in the fuselage.

Ju_88_A1_20240709_1.jpg

The radio equipment with the reserve magazines for the MG 15

Ju_88_A1_20240719_1.jpg

Installation of the partition walls and the longitudinal beams of the bomb bay in the right half of the fuselage

Ju_88_A1_20240719_2.jpg

Preparation of the bomb racks

Ju_88_A1_20240719_3.jpg

Ju_88_A1_20240719_4.jpg

to be continued

Thank you all for this kind words and likes. Work continues with the installation of the bomb bay and the interior work.
The resin parts of the supplementary kit must be reworked accordingly. Very time-consuming, but always nicer than the empty fuselage.

View attachment 459825

Resin parts wih corresponding etched parts are installed in the fuselage.

View attachment 459826

The radio equipment with the reserve magazines for the MG 15

View attachment 459827

Installation of the partition walls and the longitudinal beams of the bomb bay in the right half of the fuselage

View attachment 459828

Preparation of the bomb racks

View attachment 459829

View attachment 459830

to be continued
my dear friend Adi
it's looks wonderful, well done

Ok Paul, you want to know exactly, so I want to answer your questions as precisely as possible.
I have been making plastic models for a very long time and have built up a certain stock of models in this area, as well as in other areas such as model shipbuilding and model railroads. Of course, I strive to get the best out of a model that I can in terms of my skills and I want to continue to develop in this respect despite my age.
I hope my eyes and hands can take it for much longer, thank God it looks good.
I bought the Ju 88 about 14 years ago. The aftermarket kits were bought shortly afterwards with the intention of building it at some point. Now the time has come because I feel like it.
I don't think these kits are available on the market at the moment.
I still have a few projects in the pipeline and if I don't make it in my lifetime, my grandchildren are already waiting in the wings.

Ok Paul, you want to know exactly, so I want to answer your questions as precisely as possible.
I have been making plastic models for a very long time and have built up a certain stock of models in this area, as well as in other areas such as model shipbuilding and model railroads. Of course, I strive to get the best out of a model that I can in terms of my skills and I want to continue to develop in this respect despite my age.
I bought the Ju 88 about 14 years ago. The aftermarket kits were bought shortly afterwards with the intention of building it at some point. Now the time has come because I feel like it.
I still have a few projects in the pipeline and if I don't make it in my lifetime, my grandchildren are already waiting in the wings.
Thanks, Adi. I truly enjoy following your many builds - you have skills across several genre so it is a joy to learn from you and witness what can be accomplished.

very impressive Adi

I have decided to build a Ju88 A1 in 1:32 scale. The Ju 88 was one of the most famous German twin-engine bombers an multi-purpose aircraft of the 2nd World War and was produced in a quantity of over 15.000 until the end of the war.
I bought the Revell kit several years ago, including various add-on kits to enhance the model. Now finally want to build it.
The bomb sight is assembled first, followed by the right cockpit side. At the moment I'm working on the bulkheads and the bomb bay.

View attachment 455672

View attachment 455673

View attachment 455674

View attachment 455675

View attachment 455676

View attachment 455677

View attachment 455678

to be continued.
After seeing the detail of this kit I have to change my outlook towards plastic models. I'm 72 years old and the only experience I had with plastic models was back in the late 1950's when I was a kid. Those old crude model of cars and trucks was nothing like what these new kits are. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

I love the added extra details your working with. Seems like its more of a "batch of additional parts and a kit added to them to make this model"

What did we do 20 years ago before the PE and other additional details were available for our kits.
Dear Kurt, as far as I remember, we had nothing else at the time and were reasonably happy with it. Today it's better, I'm glad.

Back