Rigging Cutty Sark

Hi all,
I on the last leg of finishing an old Cut Sark kit from Billing Boats and I am about to install the yards. I have problems with all three main yards. The yards only have a short chain fixed to the centre of the yard and there is no halyard so it can't be ment for lifting the yard. There are lift ropes attached to both ends of the yards, the rope is drawn through blocks at the mast top of the topmast, but I can't find out where they go from there. There is only an indication of them going downwards but not to where. There are no noted belaying pins for them. The only thing I can see is to tie them to the center chain to balance the yard, but that does not seams right either. Do any of you have any ideas of where the should be tied down.
Br,
Ronnie

Hi Ronnie,

The Royal Museums Greenwich sells a rigging plan/s that may help you. Scroll down the following link:

I can share all of this full plans ,if you need them, but next month... let me know if need them
Thanks, but I think the "fragments" is enough. It seems it is one of parts where BB have made some short cuts. Now I know how it shall be and I will see how to make something good enough.

Hi all,
I on the last leg of finishing an old Cut Sark kit from Billing Boats and I am about to install the yards. I have problems with all three main yards. The yards only have a short chain fixed to the centre of the yard and there is no halyard so it can't be ment for lifting the yard. There are lift ropes attached to both ends of the yards, the rope is drawn through blocks at the mast top of the topmast, but I can't find out where they go from there. There is only an indication of them going downwards but not to where. There are no noted belaying pins for them. The only thing I can see is to tie them to the center chain to balance the yard, but that does not seams right either. Do any of you have any ideas of where the should be tied down.
Br,
Ronnie
Hallo @Ronnie
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back