Rigging for Cannon 9 inches long

I feel like a child at a beer bash with so many highly skilled model makers around. So may I ask if any of you adults can tell me where to source 5mm, 3mm and 2mm cordage for my cannon? It is for just one gun so the quantities are small. Trawling through many places on the web has only revealed cordage up to 2mm. Cost is not an issue (up to a point). Quantities would be about 1metre of 5mm, 3 metres of 3mm and 1 metre of 2mm. For such small quantites I do not wish to buy a ropemaker. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I feel like a child at a beer bash with so many highly skilled model makers around. So may I ask if any of you adults can tell me where to source 5mm, 3mm and 2mm cordage for my cannon? It is for just one gun so the quantities are small. Trawling through many places on the web has only revealed cordage up to 2mm. Cost is not an issue (up to a point). Quantities would be about 1metre of 5mm, 3 metres of 3mm and 1 metre of 2mm. For such small quantites I do not wish to buy a ropemaker. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Good afternoon. You can contact the workshop of Alexei Domanov. They make custom threads. Here is their mail: closed@shipworkshop.com
Just how much will the shipping cost?

I appreciate the advice and suggestions from members. Now that I have a rope-making machine and am starting to gain a degree of 'skill' in using it, it occurs to me that I am guessing at what I need to rig my cannon. Perhaps someone could suggest appropriate sizes for rigging for a cannon with a barrel 8.75 inches (21.5 cm) long. I have been making estimates based on the size of the cordage that came with it, but that is many decades old and rather 'fuzzy'.

I appreciate the advice and suggestions from members. Now that I have a rope-making machine and am starting to gain a degree of 'skill' in using it, it occurs to me that I am guessing at what I need to rig my cannon. Perhaps someone could suggest appropriate sizes for rigging for a cannon with a barrel 8.75 inches (21.5 cm) long. I have been making estimates based on the size of the cordage that came with it, but that is many decades old and rather 'fuzzy'.
A side comment would be that the scale size would be based more upon what "poundage shot" the cannon is modeled to simulate than barrel length. Recoil forces would be affected by the charge load for that ball or other shot. If this is for model use a visual approach may suffice with some experimentation as to what seems reasonable or likely. Over of under sized cables and falls should be somewhat obvious to the eye. Just some thoughts IMHO. Rich (PT-2)

Thanks Rich. Good advice. I guess that shows what an amateur I am. I just keep trying to find my way.
I think that we all are finding our way. I sometimes ask myself, "I wonder what I will be when I grow up?" Rich

Back