rigging of the bowsprit on the schooner

I will ask a question in this thread.

google translation:
Colleagues, we need your help.
I have a setup diagram that one of my fellow modelers shared with me. When milling the bowsprit rigging, this element is used, installed on the crossbar. I can't find a picture of this item anywhere. I know it was used on schooners. Please help with a picture of this item. It is indicated by a circle and an arrow.

original:
Коллеги, нам нужна ваша помощь.
У меня есть схема установки, которой мне поделился один из моих коллег-моделистов. При фрезеровке такелажа бушприта используется этот элемент, устанавливаемый на перекладину. Я нигде не могу найти изображение этого предмета. Я знаю, что его использовали на шхунах. Пожалуйста, помогите с изображением этого предмета. Обозначается кружком и стрелкой.

20210705_131641.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright Aleksandr, I found the name of this part, it is called Whishkers Boom (pole)

1625503625862.png

The whisker pole was not mandatory on all ships. This is especially true when schooners took over for square riggers. The bowsprit didn't have as much pressure on it. On some ships the foresail halyards weren't secured on the deck at all, but on the bowsprit. As times changed, rigging details did also.

Хорошо, Александр, я нашел название этой части, она называется Whishkers Boom (полюс)

View attachment 242262

Жезл усов не был обязательным на всех судах. Это особенно верно, когда квадратные такелажники заменили шхуны. Бушприт не оказал на него особого давления. На некоторых кораблях фалы фока закреплялись вовсе не на палубе, а на бушприте. Со временем изменились и детали такелажа.
Саша и Дима вроде бы согласились. Или что-то изменилось? Спасибо, Дима. Это то, что я искал. Я хотел увидеть изображение этого предмета. Возможно, вам придется сделать что-то похожее на картинку.

google translation by Admin
Sasha and Dima seemed to agree. Or has something changed? Thank you, Dima. This is what I was looking for. I wanted to see a picture of this item. You may need to do something similar to the picture.

20210705_214319.jpg

Technically here is the definition of Whiskers. They are not mandatory, and never used for square-rigged schooners.
Whiskers. Small spars projecting on either side of the bowsprit from the bees, extending the jib and flying-jib guys. Spreaders from the bows to spread the bowsprit shrouds.
A short spar, normally kept stowed, which may be used to push the clew of a jib away from the boat when the boat is running downwind. (this definition for modern yacht)

1625513298153.png

1625513679952.png

Bingo!!! I found one!
1625514049347.png

The way your diagram showing is not commonly used. The more common use of spreaders by the way attaching ring bolts and tackle with blocks

Спасибо. Я подумаю. Необходимо рассмотреть вариант иного крепления кожухов.

google translation by Admin:
Thank you. I'll think about it. It is necessary to consider the option of other fastening of the covers.

Back