RMS Titanic. Trumpeter

Ken

HI, I usually build wooden models but as I'm a modeller a friend asked me to build the Trumpeter Titanic for him. I agreed and these are some pictures of the result. I built it straight out of the box with no attempt at super detailing. I found that the kit was excellent, well thought out and was certainly the best plastic kit I have come across, it took me five weeks of fairly intensive building. I used Vallejo paints which gave a super realistic finish.

001.jpg002.jpg003.jpg004.jpg005.jpg006.jpg008.jpg009.jpg010.jpg011.jpg

Ken

Hi Ken,
I am curious to know what colour mix you used to achieve the buff colour on your funnels.
Beau.

Hi Ken,
I am curious to know what colour mix you used to achieve the buff colour on your funnels.
Beau.
Hi Beau, The paint that I used was Admiralty Paints, it’s from the Caldercraft range. I normally make wooden boats and I used what I had left from painting the stripes on my Victory, mainly Yellow ochre with a touch of Walnut. I hadn’t sprayed with these before but found that that they were excellent and with the right amount dull surface, I thinned with plain water.

ken

Wow, just wonderful work. What make of air brush do you use?
Hi JL, I’m sorry for this late reply, I missed your message and have only just picked it up. My airbrush is a Pasche VL,( I think that’s how it’s spelt ) It’s a very old well used one and is very versatile. I recently bought a Badger Patriot which I thoroughly recommend, easy to use and simple to keep clean, I didn’t use that one as the area on the Titanic was too large for a
gravity fed brush with a top cup.

ken

Last edited:
That is a large model that I have also been thinking about, but I have only bought a smaller model because it will be my first ship and I do not have much space.
I only miss the yellow stripe on the hull and the covers on the lifeboats. The covers are very easy to make with tissues and thinned wood glue.
But otherwise it has become a very beautiful model that you can be proud of.

Reactions: Ken
Hi Beau, The paint that I used was Admiralty Paints, it’s from the Caldercraft range. I normally make wooden boats and I used what I had left from painting the stripes on my Victory, mainly Yellow ochre with a touch of Walnut. I hadn’t sprayed with these before but found that that they were excellent and with the right amount dull surface, I thinned with plain water.

ken
Hi Ken,
Thank you very much for the information re the paint you used.
It was very helpful.
Beau.

Yo tambien lo estoy construyendo y espero que me quedé tan maravilloso como este. Soy nuevo en el modelimo plastico pero me estoy esforzando para hacer un buen trabajo.

am also building it and I hope I was as wonderful as this one. I am new to the plastic model but I am trying hard to do a good job.

Great looking model @Ken. As a master mariner I have been fascinated by the Titanic for decades and have collected quite a number of books over the years. I purchased the Minicraft 1/350 deluxe version some years back plus a lot of extra photo-etch parts. It has sat untouched on my shelf but maybe a project for the future.
I enjoyed looking at your photos, thanks.
Regards,
Roger

Reactions: Ken
Back