Rope material

JIM!

So great to see you here! What have you been up to? There are several of us Lauck Street refugees here including Don Robinson, Mike Shanks, David Lester and Ted Welding.

Thanks! Been working in the ship yard...a couple of admiralty type models one of which was the Kingfisher which took a long time. But I did not create forum posts and as a result sort of drifted away from the forum. Sorry...I now recognize the error of my ways (sic)! :)

Thanks! Been working in the ship yard...a couple of admiralty type models one of which was the Kingfisher which took a long time. But I did not create forum posts and as a result sort of drifted away from the forum. Sorry...I now recognize the error of my ways (sic)! :)
You can start a log anytime, does not matter if you finished them already always good to see new builds and images ,we love Pof and admiralty style models,if you took images or post them in the completed build topic.

or in the media gallery

Thanks

Last edited:
I'd love to see some photos of the Kingfisher!

Like Zoly already mentioned.... it would be great to see your work. and you can start and begin a log in every stage of construction your model - Looking forward

Jim,
Good to hear from you! Looking forward to an update.
Ted

While browsing the forum I came across this old thread about rope materials.
Has anyone tried linen yarn or hemp yarn? Is there any experience here? Is it recommended or is cotton better?
Thanks for sharing your opinion

Back