Rope walk chattam naval base uk

1. After a CONSIDERABLE amount of research and color chemistry, it has been scientifically determined that the colors currently on the Victory are (within very little margin for error) exact replications of the 1803 colors. They did not have Home Depot's wall of color chip paint samples available 225 years ago.
Yes, I know all about that, but I, for one, am not convinced.

Hi Peter that’s no problem, I’m building a 1.78 Hms victory , so that’s why I took loads of pictures, I’ll send all my deck pictures etc to you tomorrow cheers ian
Hi Red Dragon, at that scale I ssume you have either the Panart or Sergal kit? I have the Panart kit for a couple of yrs. now, still collecting info. etc. I want to build a more accurate model than the plans depict, referring to McKay's & Macgowan's books. I will be discarding the metal gunport frames & lids for a start & repositioning the wales. I'll also paint her the more common yellow ocre! I started a Corel kit of Vic., got as far as the hull completed & then discovered the gunports aft of midships were all wrong, so I re-skinned that part to start again but decided there was so much 'crappy' stuff in the kit I just put her in 'ordinary' on top of a wall unit & bought the Panart.

Stuart

Hi Stuart I’ve got the panart victory 738 kit ( with copper plates) bought it partially built 3/4 first layer of planks done , some I’ll have to redo ,
Also I’ve got a Constructo 1.78 (I think) Hms victory as well (with sails )got both kits for 360 for the two , plus about £50 for petrol to collect the panart victory from the other side of London.cheers ian

Hi Stuart I’ve got the panart victory 738 kit ( with copper plates) bought it partially built 3/4 first layer of planks done , some I’ll have to redo ,
Also I’ve got a Constructo 1.78 (I think) Hms victory as well (with sails )got both kits for 360 for the two , plus about £50 for petrol to collect the panart victory from the other side of London.cheers ian
Hi Ian, I bought a Mantua Le Superbe from a guy 40miles away, shipping was £20, but as my car is SORN & in any case a round trip of 80miles would've cost that I chose UPS. Not the best of materials, the 1mm ply laser etched for stern etc decoration was so rough that I discarded it I scratch built my own, so far just the hull complete, same with a Billings Bounty. The plans for Bounty are of Berthia, her former self, so with McKay's Anatomy for ref. I'm doing a lot of 'kit bashing'. I have to finish these two & do a Spaniard before I get to Vic. Le superbe had metal gunport covers & frames which I discarded & built the hull with closed ports to be a model in dock. In doing this I set myself more work doing hinges for the covers & I've also got a load of dummy cannon barrels redundant. TTFN Stuart

Back