Round Table class Minesweeping Trawler 1942/45 Scale 1:48Built from the Calder Craft kit Sir Kay [COMPLETED BUILD]

Heinrich I agree, I do not believe that even as late as the nineteen forties these boys /young men betrayed a callousness or 'don't give a dam attitude that might be seen today, rather more a strong degree patriotism mixed with adventure. I remember my father telling me how excited he was to volunteer for the navy, ( there was no conscription in NI ) and contrast this with the stories told by my maternal grandfather and great uncle who both where pre war Royal Navy (along with another brother who died aboard HMS Thetis before the start of ww2) and had an idea what they where in for. Thankfully they survived. But I look at those boys loading the depth charge thrower and think of my father at eighteen. As for the model its great fun to let your imagination take over.

My best JJ..

... if you have a hard time finding a place, you can always put it in my home. :p BTW, very gorgeous model! You did a great job of making her appear as she is now! Bravo!

... if you have a hard time finding a place, you can always put it in my home. :p BTW, very gorgeous model! You did a great job of making her appear as she is now! Bravo!
Ditto- I have a cool spot for this beauty.
GREAT pictures of a GREAT model, Jack.
Regards, Peter
True story

Good morning Jack. Stunning!!
Cheers Grant

My Congratulations for finishing her - I love this model with all the details - > BRAVO

Back