![]() |
The beloved Ships in Scale Magazine is back and charting a new course for 2026! Discover new skills, new techniques, and new inspirations in every issue. NOTE THAT OUR NEXT ISSUE WILL BE July/August 2026 |
![]() |
![]() |
As a way to introduce our brass coins to the community, we will raffle off a free coin during the month of August. Follow link ABOVE for instructions for entering. |
![]() |
Nett, aber so viel Sägemehl!Nach langer Abwesenheit hier einige Fotos des Baufortschritts. Ich arbeite gerade am Geschützdeck.View attachment 633593View attachment 633594View attachment 633596View attachment 633595

Yes, it's all from the sanding. Luckily, I can do it in the greenhouse; it would be impossible in the basement or living room.Nett, aber so viel Sägemehl!
That is the best "spirit" level I have ever seen........I have to try thatNach langer Abwesenheit hier einige Fotos des Baufortschritts. Ich arbeite gerade am Geschützdeck.View attachment 633593View attachment 633594View attachment 633596View attachment 633595
.
works preciselyThat is the best "spirit" level I have ever seen........I have to try that.


Hello RichardG, I primarily use Proxxon machines. For sanding, I use a Posch belt sander. Boxwood is a very hard wood, but it is very well-suited to being worked with this type of equipment. I only cut the wood to rough dimensions and then use the machines to sand it into the correct shape. Afterward, I finish the surface using 240, 400, 1200, and 2000-grit sandpaper. I went through a lot of saw blades on the bandsaw I used to cut the clamping parts; they would always snap at the weld seam as soon as the blade got too hot. All in all, I would say the quality of the Proxxon tools is excellent for working with boxwood. It is crucial, however, to keep the tools very sharp. The process can be compared to working with copper or brass.This is a wonderful thread and superb build. I'm interested to know how your tools and blades are holding up against so much genuine boxwood?
Hello RichardG, I primarily use Proxxon machines. For sanding, I use a Posch belt sander. Boxwood is a very hard wood, but it is very well-suited to being worked with this type of equipment. I only cut the wood to rough dimensions and then use the machines to sand it into the correct shape. Afterward, I finish the surface using 240, 400, 1200, and 2000-grit sandpaper. I went through a lot of saw blades on the bandsaw I used to cut the clamping parts; they would always snap at the weld seam as soon as the blade got too hot. All in all, I would say the quality of the Proxxon tools is excellent for working with boxwood. It is crucial, however, to keep the tools very sharp. The process can be compared to working with copper or brass.

amazing work, beautiful and accurate!!!Dear fellow modelers, here are three photos showing my build progress and the assembly of the gun deck. Best regards.
View attachment 640662
View attachment 640663
View attachment 640664
View attachment 640665

