Royal Louis 1:90 Altaya

Hello Cedric. That looks very interesting and like something different. Please give us more detail like the kit manufacturer, scale, etc.

Hello Cedric. That looks very interesting and like something different. Please give us more detail like the kit manufacturer, scale, etc.
My friend - this is all written in the header of the topic
Manufacturer is Altaya (a series of 140 magazines - I think mainly published in France) and the scale is 1:90
My guess is, that this magazine version is mainly based on the Mamoli kit
but maybe here @xander898 can tell us more

A picture is worth a thousand words ;)
i don't know if the kit comes from mamoli, in any case it is open on the side in order to see the interior of the ship
sorry but the booklet is in french
this kit has been distributed in several european countries
2a.jpg

It’s actually a new kit by OcCre! The Mamoli factory was burned down in a big fire many years ago and so were the master molds and plans unfortunately.

Altaya is from Deagostini for the France and Belgium market so it seems.

looks like a great kit and thank you for posting this here!

Last edited:
It’s actually a new kit by OcCre! The Mamoli factory was burned down in a big fire many years ago and so were the master molds and plans unfortunately.

Altaya is from Deagostini for the France and Belgium market so it seems.

looks like a great kit and thank you for posting this here!
Your information on MAMOLI is not correct. The pans and moulds were bought by Dusek shipmodel. They are releasing the MAMOLI

Your information about MAMOLI is not correct. The plans, masters and rights were taken over by Dusek model kits. They are releasing upgraded kits under their own label. Check them out.

Dusek now owns the Mamoli catalogue. I bought the Mamoli Le Coureur from Daniel Dusek. Unfortunately the kit comes with the old Mamoli instruction sheets which are worth not much as they are so skimpy and disorganized; as if Mamoli wanted to save paper :confused: In spite of this challenge the kit was fun to built though :)

Hello everyone, I'm slowly continuing the assembly of the royal louis. Indeed this is not a high quality kit but I bought it really cheap so I thought it would be a good challenge. I put a photo to compare with the 1:48 scale of the Bonhomme Richard
IMG_4323.JPGIMG_4324.JPGIMG_4325.JPGIMG_4327.JPG

Back